[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to be building a new gaming rig. For the case,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Gaming.png (1 MB, 1920x5069) Image search: [Google]
Gaming.png
1 MB, 1920x5069
I'm going to be building a new gaming rig. For the case, I already have a corsair 200r and the specs for the build are in the picture. Should this be able to handle Star Citizen at 4K@60FPS? I just wanted a second opinion before I bought everything.
>>
>>53923224
looks good except for the gpu and monitor price
>>
>>53923301
That's one of the cheapest IPS 4K monitors I could find. As for the GPUs I need something that can drive a 4K display at 60 FPS with max settings.
>>
>>53923350
Get a cheaper 4k monitor, Dell ones are good.

Get a GTX 980Ti instead.
>>
File: 1430041681516.jpg (30 KB, 738x422) Image search: [Google]
1430041681516.jpg
30 KB, 738x422
>>53923224
>wants his games to run at 4K@60FPS
>buys 4GB GPU
>>
>>53923484
newegg link?
>>
>>53923224
does your mom pay the electric bill?
also, you don't need a 300$ hdd.
>>
>>53923683
What would you recommend? Also, no I pay the electric bill.
>>
>>53923224
You do realize when the next cool game comes out in a few months your computer won't be able to run it at 4k@60fps, right? And in two years a computer for 1000 bucks will be as fast as the build you're planning to pay 3000 for? Why not save yourself the trouble and just buy a computer for 1000 bucks right now, then upgrade it in a year or two and you'll on average have a faster computer for less money?
>>
>>53923645
http://www.logicalincrements.com/monitors
>>
>>53923224
Change monitor for:
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Monitor-P2715Q-27-Inch-LED-Lit/dp/B00PC9HFO8/

Get 2 GTX 980Ti:
http://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-GeForce-GTX-980Ti-WINDFORCE/dp/B013LDXMZM/

Only one would do, you wont gain that much perfomance in crossfire, around 5-10%, and not all games like SLI/Crossfire so some might be worse, you are better only getting one card.

Unless you need the space.
You dont need a 1KW PSU, a 850W one will do.
Ram is too expensive, get some 2400MHz RAM.
Get a GA-Z170X-UD5, your motherboard is good anyway.
Get some noctua case fans.

>Gaming keyboard and mouse
Get something good, G502 is somewhat good.
You might want to get a NH-U14S instead the CLC, they dont are that good.
>>
>>53923918
>Unless you need the space.
Unless you need the space, get a 4TB HGST or WD Black and add a SATA SSD.

Also
>>>/g/sqt
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.