[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Installing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: vapeorw4ave.png (273 KB, 341x339) Image search: [Google]
vapeorw4ave.png
273 KB, 341x339
>Installing Windows 10 today, (this hour!)
Currently installing windows 10. i just wanted to know why do you all get so riled up on the though of windows 10 i don't know how it doesn't suit your needs i see alot of you "gamer's" using linux distro's. and it bother's me i don't know how can you be like
>WinCuck10
>Windows 10, Security, KEK
Yes they are some flaws that you have to sort manually so Microsoft doesn't reaserch the type of grease on your keyboard. But aside that they are both great operating system's.
Stop the war's.
--
Anyway im welcome to chat while installing :)
>>
File: 1457579073307.jpg (118 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1457579073307.jpg
118 KB, 1600x900
>>53923105
>>
D E S I G N A T E D
>>
>>53923105
Congrats anon, I think you'll really enjoy the upgrade.
>>
>>53923105
Yeah it's alright. My biggest gripe is the forced updates being a pain in the ass to manage with that tool for opting out of specific updates. They had an update GUI that worked well and they took a massive shit on it.

I've seen claims that it's faster than 8.1, but in my tests 8.1 beat 10, which beat 7. Admittedly I tested on rather low end stuff, but that's where a minor speed difference will be felt most. I think 10 did poorly because of a mix of it doing update checks, update cleanup and telemetry in the background when I was trying to use the system, and because Metro stuff being inherently more bloated.

>that picture
Such good A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>53923143
It's not b8. m8.
>>53923213
Cheers Anon
>>53923223
Im on 8.1 currently but im trying to cut down on power consumption and i finguered with win 10 being newer it would be more power optimized just some of the top of my head. Also im sick of Metro UI, Start Menu 8 and apps alike are very sketchy and always dreadfully optimized.
So windows 10 is a new day a new dawn first time reformatting since 2014. I keep my desktop fairly clean so its all good.
>Ignore my poor grammar im typing on a poopy laptop with chic-let key caps while desktop updates.

A E S T H E T I C S

>Is gud.
>Sauce
soundcloud.com/intanettoexplorer
>>
>>53923300
Check my double dubs
>>53923223
And your dubs checked!
>>
>>53923300
>power consumption and i finguered with win 10 being newer it would be more power optimized
If you're on Skylake or newer, it should be. Apart from that it should be around the same as 8.1 aside from any changes in CPU usage.

>Also im sick of Metro UI, Start Menu 8 and apps alike are very sketchy and always dreadfully optimized.
Win10 has more Metro than 8.1, it just adds the ability to run it in a window instead of fullscreen. It keeps the same flat design with enough space between buttons for fat fingers on a phone, and apps often take long enough to load that they have to have a splash screen.

The start menu in 10 is way better than the 8.1 start screen bullshit, but it's still not up to what Win7 had in terms of being compact and usable. I've got Classic Shell's start menu on my 8.1 and it's about the same as the old 7 one. I'll probably use it on 10 when I finally upgrade.

Win8 start screen search and Win10's search have both been rather laggy for me on anything slowish. Where in 7 and Classic Shell I type and my results are instantly there, on 8 and 10 I have to wait a good few seconds for results to appear before pressing enter. It also seems to have a preference toward the shitty Metro versions of things over the desktop ones I want it to find.
>>
>>53923300
>soundcloud.com/intanettoexplorer
Also thanks for this
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.