[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need SteamVR and OVR tech help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
Now I've already tried getting help from support from a couple of websites and asked around on the SteamVR Reddit, but none have come up with anything, I have been having issues with using steamvr with my DK2. It seems to run games and everything, but whenever I try to run the tutorial or any game that uses it, it will start up and work (whether in direct or not), and everything shows up in an odd rainbow texture all around. On the screen it shows the program or game normally, but weird rainbow in the headset. Any idea how to fix this or find out what's causing it? Any help is much appreciated.
>>
>>53922656
Welcome to the future

install /g/entoo
>>
File: IMAG2240.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2240.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
reminds me of my freshman battlestation
>>
>>53922755
This is surprisingly ingenius. I don't think anyone did this in my freshman dorm. Has pros and cons either way, but still strange no one tried it.
>>
>>53922656
I like fort kickass. Seems to have a good vibe.
>>
File: 1459690222606.gif (4 KB, 256x269) Image search: [Google]
1459690222606.gif
4 KB, 256x269
>>53922656
https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/1267582579925778

>DK2 is not officially supported as a consumer product, although it will provide access to aforementioned software. You can purchase software through the Oculus Store but it may not work as intended or at all.
>>
>>53922863
The thing is the issue seems to revolve around steam. All other programs that I have that use the oculus work as intended, including Elite:Dangerous
>>
>>53922788
0 cons honestly
>>
>>53923113
You then face your roomate across the room, face to face if they also have this setup.

Also your screen is now hidden against the wall, so if you play movies or such with people watching in the room that won't work.

0 cons? Certainly not.
>>
File: IMAG2376.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2376.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
>>53923269
I dont see how facing your roomate across the room would be a problem

and if I watched movies I just projected them and watched from bed

idk why the fuck that would ever be an issue anyway though, I had a tv in the living room so If I was gunna watch somthing with a friend we would watch it out there
>>
>>53923012
Have you tried disabling the steam overlay?
>>
>>53923607
Where would that be?
>>
>>53923682
>steam>settings>in-game>enable overlay
>>
>>53923757
Didn't work unfortunately
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.