[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What has kevin mitnick contributed towards technology as a whole?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Kevin mitnick.jpg (18 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Kevin mitnick.jpg
18 KB, 620x349
What has kevin mitnick contributed towards technology as a whole?
What is he viewed as? A faggot former "hacker" turned pro nsa or a cool old dude?
>>
He made people aware that social engineering is the real "skeleton key" of hacking. I get the feeling a lot of the techniques he lists in his books still would work today most of the time.
>>
>He cant whistle through his phone and start a nuclear war
>>
>>53908786
That social engineering works and how to identify the weak link.
>>
>>53909177
So he's just a script kiddie with really good person skills?
God damn imagine if someone like stallman could actually interact with people, we would be ruling the world right now
>>
Ghost in the wires was a good read
>>
>>53908786
itni is my chap.

https://youtu.be/r5EGMYsr6uY
>>
>you will never hang out with him and fuck with the local mcdonald speakers as teenagers
fug
>>
>>53909120
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulPgWVC08KI
>>
>>53912088
>tfw you will never be the subject of a nation-wide manhunt leveraging academic, industry, and law enforcement resources only to come out on the other side as a respected consultant
FUCCCCCCCKKKKK

Poor Aaron Shwartz got cucked
>>
Everyone knows his pet jew had the real skillz.
>>
>>53912142
He isn't Robert Redford.
>>
>kevin mitnick
>security consultant
>get owned by teamp0ison

All aboard the man train choo choo
>>
>>53912142
So, himself? He's Jewish.

In fact his book is an excellent account of how to Jew yourself out of very, very bad situations.

Instead of acknowledging his crimes and accepting his punishment, he went to the law books and Jewed himself out of every bind, and then went right back to breaking the law.
>>
>>53912205
No, the jsz guy in Isreal that wrote all of the tools mitnick used. Read the irc logs, mitnick mainly tool begged his way into computers.
>>
>>53912285
So he was pretty much the hacker version of a businessman? Stop complaining and just admit your kind just get cucked constantly.
>>
>>53912324
Well the theory goes the Isreali Jew jewed Mitnick. JSZ wrote the tools but Mitnick did the crimes and the punishment and ultimately JSZ got what he wanted, which was the cell phone software and whatever japboy was working on.
>>
>>53909203

"we"?
You're just some fat nerd on the internet, don't act like you're on Stallmans level.
>>
>>53909203
>So he's just a script kiddie
Dude literally uses gentoo.

His books are pretty damn cool in my opinion.
His bio is fun to read and the other books are pretty good to use in a professional language since he's good with words, i rather quote his sentences than using mine since I'm quite autistic when it comes with explaining common sense to tech illiterate.
>>
>>53912285
link to the logs please?
>>
>>53912504
> jsz

The Jew (jsz, Yo, Jonathan, Yonathan) had a license to hack from the Israeli Govt and worked out of BGU (Ben-Gurion University). Not like the Americans didn't know.
>>
>>53917591
source for this?
>>
OP check out the book the art of deception. It's run through scenarios in business that involves social engineering
>>
>>53921148
dont tell me what to do
>>
>>53921148
got a copy myself the scenarios and tactics are pretty legit
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.