[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you use a laptop that was ascetically ugly to you, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: swse_gallery_zoom2.jpg (87 KB, 900x750) Image search: [Google]
swse_gallery_zoom2.jpg
87 KB, 900x750
Would you use a laptop that was ascetically ugly to you, and carry it around if it had pretty good specs at a good price? Pic related, or any "gaming laptop" or anything with a weird design like 2-1, bulky laptops, or anything like that.
>>
>gaming laptops
>laptops
>>>/v/
>>
>>53908844
>reading comprehension
>you
>>
>>53908550
If it was free yes, but i would rather have my t420 and a mid range desktop. I could always vinyl wrap the laptop anyways.
>>
>>53908550
Sure I'd carry it around. What the fuck do I care what some stranger thinks of my laptop? Worst case scenario, I can paint it or something
>>
>>53908550
no, a laptop is for away-from-home use and i'm not going to carry an ugly piece of shit out of my home
>>
>>53908550
Since I have to use a laptop for my professional non-tech job, even for free I can't.
>>
>>53908550
If it was really good and cheap, yeah, no problem, unless it's for work like >>53909316 said, depending on what you do having a laptop with drawings of guns, bright colored leds etc might not be a good idea.

But in general my opinion goes:
Specs > Brand > Looks
>>
>Ascetically ugly

Kek, get a dictionary mate
>>
>>53909822
>Ascetically
Meant aesthetically, was typing on mobile, my fault.

>>53909628
>>53909316
>>53909303
>>53908913
>>53908890
Yeah, pretty much how I feel about it. I had to get a cheap windows computer at least i5 for a program for personal use/Grad school, and had a certain price limit at a certain store. The two in that limit was the above one on clearance, and a two in one, which I don't care for even more. I've never even been a person to put a sticker on my laptop, so it's weird for me.
>>
>>53908550
Hol up hol up

what the fuck are those switches on the bottom

dont tell me they actually have easy battery access on this shit
>>
>>53909934
Yeah, that's one reason I'm opting towards it over the 2 in 1, the 2 in 1 has a non removable battery, this one has a removable battery, and a matte screen. I usually prefer glossy screens, but since it will be on the go, the removable battery and matte screen may come in handy.
>>
if you're just saying it's aesthetically ugly, then sure, but it'd have to be something with a functional design, good specs and battery life, and portability to boot. I wouldn't carry anything over 15.4
>>
>>53909909
Well, you can always place a black sticker on the back and around the keyboard, i believe it's not that expensive, you could even go with matte black, carbon or wathever you find pretty/discrete.
>>
>>53908550
That one in your image is not a gaming laptop despite its weak dedicated graphics. It's just a Star Wars branded HP Pavilion laptop. The answer is I would probably not considering I'll have to look at it for years. I would carry the Star Wars one though just because I like Star Wars.
>>
>>53910751
>I'm not referring to the one with dedicated graphics, I used gaming as a term to describe an ugly laptop. The star wars laptop I see at this store is an i5/6GB/1TB varient, with intel HD graphics. As a result, it's cheaper, and also has better battery life, which I care more for on a laptop.

>>53910719
And that's what I was thinking as well, getting some sort of plain sticker.
>>
>>53908550
I find it a little funny that the computer uses the storm troopers and vader from the original movies in the late 70s and early 80s and not the new troopers and kylo from the new movie that they are trying to capitalize on.

Otherwise, I hope that the pic related is not an example because I would totally rock that pc, other than the big ass hp logo and the starwars shit. That "weathered" grey metal is pretty cool looking.
>>
>>53910883
I like the brushed metal look, even though it's plastic, I just don't care for the star wars stuff.
>>
>>53910919
Yeah, that's exactly what I was trying to say. I just was unsure of what the color was actually called. Too many glossy and black laptops these days
>>
>>53908550
As long as it isn't too bulky and heavy, it's fine by me.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.