[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Duplicate images
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: eedwedw2e2e2r3r4ef.jpg (52 KB, 548x308) Image search: [Google]
eedwedw2e2e2r3r4ef.jpg
52 KB, 548x308
Anyone know of a linux program where it checks for duplicate images in a folder? I have lots of pictures saved but I think I have lots of the same pictures saved also. I would be nice if it can also check images that are the same but different sizes. Or some sort of percentage match.
>>
find -not -empty -type f -printf "%s\n" | sort -rn | uniq -d | xargs -I{} -n1 find -type f -size {}c -print0 | xargs -0 md5sum | sort | uniq -w32 --all-repeated=separate
>>
>>53905189
>Anyone know of a linux program where it checks for duplicate images in a folder?
Have you tried googling? Last time I needed a script like this, I did a google search and the first result was what I needed.
>>
>>53905453
I'm trying to learn "Linux" and I just read about find, sort and uniq today, so I was hoping someone would answer with a terminal command like you did.
If you don't mind telling, how long did it take you until you knew how to use these commands in such a complicated way? And how long is your beard?
>>
>>53905566
It took about 30 seconds on google. No need to duplicate effort. It's all commands I use daily though
>>
>>53905637
thanks for the answer. I guess it just takes experience to be able to use the CLI efficiently. So far I'm stuck with doing
man find
man sort
man uniq

and to give up and use a GUI ^^
>>
>>53905453
>>53905474
The problem is I wanted a program where it shows me the duplicate images or similar images and I choose which one I delete.
>>
>>53905189
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=linux+duplicate+images+in+a+folder
>>
>>53905894
>duplicate images
A GUI won't hell you in deciding whether you want to delete an image or the same image with a different name
>similar images
No wonder you couldn't Google it yourself, you don't even know what you want to ask
>>
How about Webms/videos? Can you use the methods described here?
>>
VisiPics + WINE
>>
>>53905189
 fdupes -r -d DIRECTORY 
>>
>>53905189
I think these programs are a dime a dozen. They just check the sha-1 hash of each file and see if they can find it again.
>>
>>53906097
-d lol
>>
>>53905894
>The problem is I wanted a program where it shows me the duplicate images or similar images and I choose which one I delete.
>>53905474 here, the first google result gave me exactly this.

Seriously, have you tried googling?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.