[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Multi platform exploit working with up to the latest version of flash player actively being exploited in the wild. Security update predicted for April 7.

Why do several platforms/browsers come with this thing integrated?

http://thehackernews.com/2016/04/adobe-flash-update.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsa16-01.html

>A critical vulnerability (CVE-2016-1019) exists in Adobe Flash Player 21.0.0.197 and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Chrome OS.

>Adobe is aware of reports that CVE-2016-1019 is being actively exploited on systems running Windows 10 and earlier with Flash Player version 20.0.0.306 and earlier.

>Adobe is planning to provide a security update to address this vulnerability as early as April 7.
>as early as
>early

On a related note, what are your opinions concerning webassembly? Will it lead to the same class of issues?
>>
>using Flashit

Is it 2008 again?
>>
>>53905275
Seriously anon, that's the best pun you could come up with?
>>
File: Cover.jpg (57 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
57 KB, 600x600
I haven't had a system with flash in 5 years. My video viewing is done on my WiiU through the YouTube app or Netflix app and my Android Kodi box.

It's fucking nothing!
>>
>>53905370
Use HTML5, ya doofus. The Wii U YouTube and Netflix apps are terrible.
>>
>>53905413
Actually the netflix app for the wii u isn't half bad. It doesn't really take advantage of the screen on the controller like the amazon instant video app but it isn't a painfully slow and retarded piece of crap like the amazon instant video app either.
>>
>>53905044
I see Adobe is hard at work keeping up their “1 RCE exploit per month” quota.
>>
>>53905044
b-but muh super deepthroat
>>
>>53905275
Chrome browser
Windows 8/10
OEM Android versions
etc

All with flash integrated into them now. Why?
>>
>>53905569
>Chrome browser
it's not even flash, it's their own pepperflash that's supposed to be more secure and performant.

>windows 10
man I didn't realize it but I don't remember having to install flash after installing windows. that blows

>OEM Android version
no phones have ever included adobe flash, it stopped being updated and doesn't work without heavy patching. I don't think it works at all after kitkat.
>>
OH WOW NOW WE GET FREE INFECTIONS OF THE LATEST TESTLA-CRYPT AND WHATEVER BOTNET IS POPULAR NOW

THANK YOU ADOBE & THE FLASH PLAYER TEAM. TRULY GREAT WORK, AS USUAL.
>>
>>53907305
Man that filename is not joking, that is one sexy man.
>>
>>53907162
Pepper is the plugin interface.
>>
>>53905044
bsd here

YAWN
>>
>>53907599
Yeah and their implementation of flash on top of the pepper plugin API is called pepperflash, right? Last time I checked it wasn't adobe flashing running in chrome, but I haven't been paying close attention to the flash scene because it's a load of crap.
>>
>>53908184
I though pepperflash was the pepper version of flash like in following link, item 8, third option:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_header

As for Chrome specifically, I am not sure.
>>
>>53908464
That is really weird.
Debian's page for pepperflash seems to imply it's separate from adobe flash and bundled tightly together with chrome. https://wiki.debian.org/PepperFlashPlayer
I can't seem to find any clear answer on what exactly pepperflash is and who created it though.
>>
>>53908707
I'm not familiar with whatever that is but there are definitely alternate implementations of the flash runtime. No idea if they are actually more secure though
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.