[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reverse engineering an induction heater
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 20160406_163936.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160406_163936.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
Hi /g/, im working to reverse engineer this induction heater i got, and i think i have the right schematic (pic related). Does this make sense? I find it particularly odd that the work coil doesn't seem to directly interact with the ground/negative terminal.

Those Schottky diodes are probably Schottky, they are model FR307. Feel free to assume that the values of all the components are reasonable.
>>
>>53903548
do your homework alone
>>
>>53903548
Are you doing HVAC?

I'm learning HVAC and today we learned how to read schmetics.But to a bare bones minimal effort.
>>
>>53903548
Good luck with that. /g/ is 80% consumer electronics discussion, 10% actual programming, 10% shitposting and 0% circuitry discussion. Maybe try reddit.
>>
>>53903837
It's not homework, it's a project of mine

>>53903890
Nah. The story is im an aspiring smith, among other things. Induction heaters make pretty good forges. But the ones i have keep melting themselves, since they're chinese pieces of shit.

Im planning on putting the components on a new breadboard, one that doesn't melt. But to do that, i need to know how they're connected. So i've been looking at them and drawing, and this is the result. But im not 100% sure it's correct
>>
>>53903916
this guy almost got it right

/g/ doesn't have half a brain cell, especially when it comes to true technology
luckily for you, there is one last bastion of technological intelligence on this website
try >>>/diy/ohm
>>
>>53903890
You wanting to go into residential or industrial?
>>
>>53904332
I'm going universal (both)
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.