[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Windows Phone got BTFO by iOS and Android >Microsoft Surface
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: 1429820391639.png (409 KB, 698x719) Image search: [Google]
1429820391639.png
409 KB, 698x719
>Windows Phone got BTFO by iOS and Android
>Microsoft Surface got BTFO by the iPad
>Xbox got BTFO by PlayStation
>OneDrive got BTFO by Dropbox
>Bing got BTFO by Google
>Zune got BTFO by iPod

Why is Windows even relevant anymore?
>>
B-because it wasn't BTFO?
>>
Mainly enterprise market (exchange, AD) and the fact that legacy support was (and probably still is) big part of Windows' development strategy.
>>
Actually the iPad pro got BTFO by the microsoft surface
>>
Because of the corporate market, Microshit got them by the balls.
>>
Let's see:

iOS and Android came before Windows Phone
iPad came before Microsoft Surface
Playstation came before Xbox
Dropbox came before OneDrive
Google came before Bing
iPod came before Zune

And Windows, like all of their other products, was nothing but a rip off of something else - Mac OS. They got lucky and made a multi billion dollar empire, but they do not have an innovative vision. They have no strive to push boundaries. They imitate, that is all.
>>
>>53897411
this
>>
>>53897379
>surface got btfo by iPad
Except it didn't

Also zune was so much better than fucking itunes
>>
Office
>>
>>53897411
agreed
>>
>>53897379
Because there are more poor people than rich/retarded ones.
>>
>>53897418
Pretty much this, Microsoft has never brought anything new to the market, all they do is copy
>>
>>53897411
>>53897418
The Microsoft Surface Pro came before the iPad Pro. Look who got wrecked.

You need to make something great before people realize they need it. This is something Steve Jobs did remarkably well.
>>
>>53897418
You're talking about apple. Apple has benn ripping off everything else to try and stay relevant.
>>
>>53897446
You got MS confused with Apple, kid
>>
>>53897452
>You need to make something great before people realize they need it. This is something Steve Jobs did remarkably well.
Tim cock was to blame for that piece of shit, you leave steve jobs out of this. Also the ipad pro is a huge joke, I was expecting it to run OS X but all we got was the iPhone 6S plus mega.
>>
>>53897418
>but they do not have an innovative vision. They have no strive to push boundaries.
Snap out of your consumerism-driven delirium.
>>
>>53897379
>Why is Windows even relevant anymore?
Did you mean to say Microsoft? Windows is BTFO'ing other desktop OSes
>>
>>53897453
No, I'm talking about Microsoft. Microsoft constantly see markets and say "Hey why aren't we taking a slice of that pie", and then they rush out some substandard garbage nobody wants to touch.

Windows has taken over 20 years to build to this state, and there are still many elements and inconsistencies within Windows that you would expect from Chinese knock offs.
>>
>Xbox got BTFO by PlayStation
I still cant get my head around how this happened. Youd think >no games would be reason enough to fail but it seems the rrod really costed microshit the invaluable consumer trust.
>>
>>53897483
Whoa Nelly, you think I'm being a consumerist by slating crappy knock off products rushed out by R&D?
>>
>>53897379
>Dropbox
Naw, Dropbox has US servers, and hence data stored there falls under ITAR.

If you want mainstream services you need gdrive, as their servers are in Ireland.
>>
>>53897459
Hmm, let's see what Apple brought to the market and standardized:
>The personal computer (Apple II)
>The GUI (Macintosh)
>The smartphone (iPhone)
>The tablet (iPad)
>Hundreds of other things i'm not mentioning

What Microsoft brought:
>???

And don't mention some obscure shitty products that have some slight resemblance that came out before or Xerox which didn't even want anything to do with the GUI and actually sold it to Apple.
>>
>>53897499
Both have no games but Xbone also got much worse hardware that was much more expensive at start.

The way the Kinect idiots got cucked is fun for sure though.
>>
>>53897492
>No, I'm talking about Microsoft. Microsoft constantly see markets and say "Hey why aren't we taking a slice of that pie", and then they rush out some substandard garbage nobody wants to touch.
That's LITERALLY what apple did with the ipad pro.

>Windows has taken over 20 years to build to this state, and there are still many elements and inconsistencies within Windows that you would expect from Chinese knock offs.
but OS X is worse
>>
>>53897536
you should read more
go back to school kiddo
>>
>>53897536
The thing is, when you're a consumerist, you want knock offs. Knock offs are good for consumerism. You want that thing? That thing everyone else has had for a while? But you couldn't afford it when it came out? Well there's now Thing-The-Knock-Off, and it costs 70% less and does more or less the same stuff.

As a business, you want boom. If you can innovate as a business, you create a market; you aren't entering one, you make one. Apple made their smart phone market, because they did something nobody else could offer. Don't even bring up Symbian, they're miles apart. Suddenly everyone wanted this product, and for a while, only one company offered it.

The latter is better business sense than conforming to providing for the former. You get the whole fucking pie, not just the crust.
>>
>>53897536
>Tablets were brought by hp back in 2001
>Smartphones had been around for years before iPhone got released.
>>
>>53897528
Say, for example some of the most advanced CNC tools in the aerospace industry still use shit like windows embedded and DOS to run. They literally give no fucks about some new kind of pseudo-progressive Metro piece of shit interface, whether your toaster can connect to the internet or whatever the fuck consumer-driven "technology advancement" is happening right now. All they need is a stable, reliable piece of product to drive *actual* technology forward.
>>
>>53897687
Well, I'm not a space exploration industry, so umm, I think that comparison is a little apples and oranges.

If you think consumer technology is irrelevant, then I feel bad for you. Computers have improved modern industries everywhere. Their application and practicality is vital, and we have a long way to go before we hit that limit.
>>
>>53897586
what a useless post

>>53897631
>hp tablets
piece of shit gimmick products, didn't have any effect on the market and are irrelevant history side

>older smartphones
don't qualify as smartphones unless they can fulfill the requirements of a basic home computer, which the iphone did first
>>
>>53897452
the surface is killing the pro in sales
>>
>>53897754
I don't believe I suggested otherwise. Apple imitated to enter a market, and did badly. This is what Microsoft do /constantly/ - for once, not in this case.
>>
>>53897754
>It may not surprise you, but Apple’s new 12.9-inch iPad, which many would have you believe is the company’s first to compete directly with detachable and hybrid tablets/laptops, outsold Microsoft Surface and other detachable tablets, according to the report:

http://9to5mac.com/2016/02/01/idc-ipad-pro-microsoft-surface-sales/
>>
>>53897749
>which the iPhone did first
kek
the first iPhone was a dumbphone. At the time I was sshing into my server and chatting on irc using my Symbian
>>
>>53897721
>Computers have improved modern industries everywhere.
They surely did.
>Their application and practicality is vital, and we have a long way to go before we hit that limit.
Who was arguing against that?
>If you think consumer technology is irrelevant, then I feel bad for you.
it is irrelevant. It's merely a byproduct of an actualy technology advancement.You wouldn't buy your fancy NiggerPhone 6S if it was a size of a living room and weighed 7000 pounds. The ability to make it small came first, NiggerJobs came with an idea to jew on it later.
>>
>>53897749
>IPhone was the first smartphone which could fulfill the requirements of a basic home computer?!?!

Where were you living when the first iPhone got released, it didn't even have a basic function as 'copy & paste '
It could NOT even navigate as fast as any Nokia phone cause the first IPhone only had a 2g module instead of a 3g
>>
>>53897834
>>53897792
But you pathetic Symbian OS couldn't even render proper HTML
>>
>>53897857
As if an iPhone could do it or can do it now

Applefag go back crying for Steve
>>
>>53897749
>useless
Most of /g/ has no idea what Microsoft has done. William Gates made the empire that is Microsoft. Go read a fucking book about what he has done. Sure, he is out of the picture now and that is the biggest problem. Some fucking poo in loo is ruining the company; but at least he isn't Tim cuck
>>
>>53897411
it's hard to believe but it's true.
>>
>>53897857
Opera Mini was better than Safari on iPhone
>>
>unironically shilling the shit pad with shitos
>>
>>53898311
Another useless post. What did you prove here? That Bill Gates created an empire by stealing and extinguishing competition? Grats. I stand on the point that they have introduced absolutely nothing of value to the computer world.

Why the fuck would I read a book about him? What book? You're just spewing typical childish bullshit.
>>
>>53897379
>Why is Windows even relevant anymore?
because it comes bundled with every computer and most people don't even know what is an operative system, so almost every computer sold with windows will keep using windows.
>>
>>53897418
0/10

Stronger bait next time
>>
File: 1458949793105.gif (973 KB, 256x186) Image search: [Google]
1458949793105.gif
973 KB, 256x186
>>53898584
>>53897536
>>53897418
>>
>>53897379
Also Windows got BTFO by GNU/Linux
>>
File: 1458734757894.jpg (98 KB, 983x752) Image search: [Google]
1458734757894.jpg
98 KB, 983x752
ITT: 1998 babbies think that applel is the most innovative
>pic related
>>
>>53897536
lol none of the things you listed where created by apple.they only came up with the idea on jew on it
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.