[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://vr-zone.com/articles/nvidias -mid-range-pascal-gpus-w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: pascal.jpg (318 KB, 1362x848) Image search: [Google]
pascal.jpg
318 KB, 1362x848
http://vr-zone.com/articles/nvidias-mid-range-pascal-gpus-will-utilize-gddr5-class-memory/107851.html

Where's that GDDRX5 you fags were talking about?
>>
Don't need it, mid range GPUs are fine with GDDR5
>>
>>53896976
HBM really helped the fury didn't it
>muh bottleneck
>>
>>53898680
Fiji has different bottlenecks.
>>
>300W
>muh FP64
>Q1 2017
it's fucking nothing. There will probably not even get a 1080ti until mid-late 2017
>>
>>53896997
Midrange cards like the 970 dont need 4 gigabytes of ram
>>
So the current crop of GPUs are more than capable of matching the performance of the consoles, and the consoles are what define the graphics standard in video games right now.

In addition to that, there are not many games out which look good and are actually good to play.

Even the lowly GTX 960 and R9 380 are capable of playing games with everything or nearly everything turned on and good frame rates.

If you are buying a GPU for professional work you ca get by just fine with cards from the generation before the current one. GTX Titan and HD 7990 are quite capable of editing 4k video or doing all the CAD work you want.

So who is going to buy these new GPUs? The demand doesn't seem to be there.
>>
>>53896976
IIRC GDDR5x chips will start t be manufactured in summer. Don't expect to see card with it any soon.
>>
>>53901573
>So the current crop of GPUs are more than capable of matching the performance of the consoles, and the consoles are what define the graphics standard in video games right now.

More like the current crop of consoles are capable of keeping up with SOME GPUs. Consoles are weak.
>>
>>53901573
>So who is going to buy these new GPUs?
People who want more than 1080p/60FPS with mid-high settings. I'm sure this isn't that hard to imagine, is it?
>>
when technology meets capitalism
>>
>>53901993
Current graphics cards can already do that.
Why would they buy a newer one for a higher price?
Oh yeah, because nvidia just discontinues their previous line of cards to artificially keep prices high.
>>
>>53902065
Current graphics cards can't actually do 4K/60FPS or 1440p/144FPS at near-max settings.
>>
>>53902138
I can't read, thought you said just 1080p/60fps.

I will just have to wait and see how these new cards perform at higher resolutions.
>>
>>53896976
Who cares, Nvidia isn't even on consoles. Fuck off.
>>
>tfw Kaggle is so slow on my 960
>no consumer Pascal to save me until 2017
>>
>>53901573
>1080p60fps
If you're not running games at at least 1440p at 90+fps or 4k at 60fps then you're not doing it right.
>>
>>53901169
They don't, it's close to obsolete in a few months and literally 2-3 games use up to 4GB of RAM.
>>
>>53902245
>consoles
Not everyone is a tech illiterate 12 year old
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.