[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to make your own torrent for self sharing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 4L_6xDX04KF.png (19 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
4L_6xDX04KF.png
19 KB, 320x240
Searched google pretty extensively, never found a good guide on how to do the following

>have 2 computers, one back home with parents, another here with me at school (where torrents aren't banned)
>have VPN into home computer, which I have my parents turn on or off whenever I ask them.
>have filez on my home computer that I want on my school computer
>TFW 1000 miles away
>want to create a torrent file somehow, so that I can just e-mail the 50kb ".torrent" file to myself, and open it up on my school computer
>upload from home
>download at school
>just me and only me

Halp! Maybe someone out there has done this before and can give some tips?
>>
>>53895624
install ftp server on it silly
>>
Why use a torrent? Setup a FTP at home. You could use both if you wanted too...
>>
>>53895624
why do you want to use torrents if they are banned, Use a different file sharing method.
>>
Takes 2 clicks to make a ftp server and it's very easy to use.. use that.

I personally love online libraries that use ftp servers to browse their shit allows me to download their whole library and high speed and up to 10 files simultaneously.

Torrent is good when you have a big file that is very important and you might even send it to someone with unstable internet or slow speeds and need a form of guarantee it won't corrupt:

for that use qbittorent and google how to make the client your ( aka your computer ) a tracker, it's in advanced options - I prefer this because I hate to use public trackers, this is how spying/tracing beings,
>>
Look into BitTorrent sync.
>>
>>53895624
open qbittorrent. tools -> torrent creator. add the files/folders. add some public trackers if you want to. maybe make your torrent private. then just use the saved .torrent file.
>>
>>53895645
>what is reading comprehension
>>
>>53895624

use syncthing
>>
>>53895624
>.torrent
No need to.
Just create magnet link.
Past it to torrent client and download away.
>>
open your torrent client and it's probably under File > Create Torrent. It is for deluge at least
Then copy-paste a list of trackers into the tracker field and select the files you want. Google "public trackers 2016" and copy a list.

or try bittorrent sync

also fuck the people saying FTP. FTP sucks.
>>
underage detected?
>>
>>53895624
Retard
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.