[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: compusa.jpg (28 KB, 512x390) Image search: [Google]
compusa.jpg
28 KB, 512x390
Remember me?
>>
File: gar3.jpg (788 KB, 2168x3327) Image search: [Google]
gar3.jpg
788 KB, 2168x3327
I do. :(
>>
I'm still waiting for my rebates, assholes
>>
>>53894238
What a sad looking Richard Garriott.

That reminds me. Now that we have VR I'd love to see a first person version of Ultima IV or VII.
>>
File: micro-center-demo-sign.jpg (67 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
micro-center-demo-sign.jpg
67 KB, 500x375
>>53894173
i'm surprised microcenter is still around and kicking everyones ass on cpu prices.
>>
File: circuit city.jpg (275 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
circuit city.jpg
275 KB, 1280x960
R-remember me?
>>
>>53894276
How can he be sad rockin' those acid washed and topsiders?
>>
>>53894173
test
>>
>>53894300
I went dumpster diving in one when it shut down, everything was smashed beyond repair sadly
>>
>>53894276
too many bad memories of X and his shroud of the avatar looks like shit
>>
>>53894326
How about a remake of Underworld then?
>>
>>53894300
Beat me to it, we had a shopping center with CompUSA on one end, Circuit City on the other and a huge book store in the middle. Forget which chain. It's all "ethnic" ghetto now.
>>
File: hdcca.jpg (17 KB, 334x222) Image search: [Google]
hdcca.jpg
17 KB, 334x222
>>53894173
>>
File: 1329280090794.jpg (98 KB, 814x462) Image search: [Google]
1329280090794.jpg
98 KB, 814x462
>>53894173
Fuck, I don't need these feels. Back when technology was still this thing that amazed the fuck out of me, many years ago, CompUSA was THE place for me. Sure, Circuit City and Best Buy (which I now work at) also amused me, but CompUSA was home to me. Yet all the same, it was kind of far from where I lived, so I didn't get to go there too often. Then eventually, I stopped being giddy about tech, and just went wherever was closest if I needed a piece of electronics.

Then one day, about a year ago, I saw they had an opening for a job, so I decided to show up there (now that it was TigerDirect) and talk to the dude in charge and see if I had the chops. Sure enough, I see the guy, but he tells me there actually aren't any openings, and that soon there would be a press release explaining the situation. I nevertheless took the time to peruse the store, having last visited about 8 years ago, feeling nostalgic all the while.

Two days later, I learn they are gonna shut down.

>MFW
>>
>>53894173
just bought a spindle of CDRs from a thrift store that still had the store tag on it

kind of miss that place, now it's a shitty whole foods knockoff
>>
>>53894173
FICKI DA PUSA
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.