[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Get into linux in my teenage days as I grew tired of microsoft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: 1452878372877.gif (3 KB, 170x231) Image search: [Google]
1452878372877.gif
3 KB, 170x231
>Get into linux in my teenage days as I grew tired of microsoft : I had my first steps into Windows with Millennium, then all the cool kids had their parents buy them a new machine with windows xp. Few years later, some of my tech savvy friend introduced me to ubuntu.

>Ubuntu was cool, it was fast, free and I felt like a hacker copypasting files in the terminal.

>Glorious years of GNOME / compiz passed through. Desktop cube, wobbly windows, fire effects... I was happy.

>Then went to university,babbies first steps into /g/ , saw ubuntu going from cool to shit. Forced memes such as unity, every versions offered less and less freedom regarding tweaking the desktop environment.

>Followed the cool kids, joined the Arch linux gang. Learned quite a few things thanks to it. But since I was into ricing, I only scratched the mechanism of how my OS work to spend more time to spend my time polishing openbox.

>Now looking at job offers, I click on everything with "linux" in the title. It keeps requiring network security and sysadmin skills.

>I spend most of my life with linux as my primary OS. I can't even apply to linux jobs.
>>
>>53891851
you are truly one of us. You should feel ashamed and accept it regardless.
Or get butthurt and go full retard like 30% here do.
Commiting sudoku is an option as well.
>>
It's like driving a car doesn't make you a mechanic. Who woulda thunk it.
>>
Maybe it needs system admin and network security skills because Linux is mostly used as a server OS.
>>
>>53891851
>Forced memes such as unity
>less muh freedom, derpterps
Yes you are absolutely right you positively must use unity on ubuntu. Linux is all about freedom and choice etc but you can't switch the DE, xubuntu, kubuntu, lubuntu, none of those exist, unity is e-hitler and Nobody Can Do Anything About It

Ah yes us linux elites, above even casual shit like jobs, fuck "network and sysadmin skills", there should be a button that says "Excuse me I am an obscure distro user, I am above all of this"
>>
>>53892252
This, basically.
My Cisco cert would have been useless to me if I didn't go for my Linux+.

Not a whole lot of jobs out there unless you get lucky and work for Red Hat, and even then, you need something to show for it.
>>
>>53891851
so read a fucking book and get certified.

Linux is for cuckolds anyway. BSD is the answer.
>>
>>53892270
If unity didn't drive performance to a crawl it would be perfectly fine. Also placing the bar on the left side triggers me.
>>
>>53892443
BSD is for crazy cannibsl cows.
>>
>>53892474
if you would just apt-get install whatever you wanted like you know you can this psuedo excuse doesn't make sense at all.

One of the things that's so hilarious about ricing is it makes you say this in a "linux help" thread
>Everything on linux can be changed if you don't like it, it comes with a DE, you can change this in two seconds permanently, and there are a thousand DEs

And then the same person later says
>I don't like Ubuntu because of unity
>>
>>53892646
everything except the shitty license
>>
>>53891851
so get some fucking security and sysadmin certs

you

dumb

piece

of

shit.

Why did you think ricing would get you a job?
>>
>>53892719
Because ricing makes you think you "know real linux" after you've spent weeks learning some obscure dead lang to complete your psuedo task that you made your WM into. EXACTLY why we keep shitposting about it because if you don't actually stop you get into this weird zone of pain where you can't get a job because you just think you're higher and better than all the jobs you're actually trying to get
>>
>>53892719
>WANTED
>Linux savy sysadmin to rice servers
>JOB DESCRIPTION
>Just rice our shit up
>QUALIFICATIONS
>Must know arch linux
>Understanding of obscure WM's
>Minimum 3 years shitposting on g
>Experience with other meme distros
>NEET certifications
>Knowledge of chinese cartoons
>>
File: frog.png (2 KB, 170x231) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
2 KB, 170x231
There are a lot of people giving you a hard time in this thread. Have this improved version of your image as a consolation prize.

>>53892270
Unity = fascism = e-hitler = CIA nigger jews

Anyhow, xubuntu master race.

>>53892700
Is it not GPL?
>>
>>53891851
>using linux makes you somehow good at sysadmin

Linux is for chinese cuckolds that are too poor to afford a real OS. Fuck off.
>>
>>53891851
This was me until I got noticed at a hackathon. Our project ended up not needing much programming to be done, but one of my teammates noticed my riced out Linux machine. A week later, I got a text from him asking if I knew C and was looking for a job.

Now I basically do this >>53892963 all day and it's the best damn thing. My life has become a /g/ wet dream.
>>
>>53891949
>Commiting sudoku
lulwut
>>
>>53891851
And? Most users don't know the basics of powershell or cmd, that they even have a permissions system more advanced than "my file, file that needs UAC, file that windows wont let me edit", or that their "desktop OS" is, in fact, a fucking server OS.
>>
>>53893261
>Being this new
>>
>>53893304
It not even a week old anon
>>
>>53893261
welcome to 4chan newfriend, this must be your first day. Now kill yourself
>>
>>53893375
Wrong, urfg
>>
>>53893261
Are you majoring in meme or something?
>>
>>53892719
>Why did you think ricing would get you a job?
I thought that ricing was a funnier hobby than breaking my system trying to learn sysadmin.
What would you think I expected to have a job thanks to ricing, you dip?
>>
File: 1459922554158.png (423 KB, 478x442) Image search: [Google]
1459922554158.png
423 KB, 478x442
Linux is fucking crap.
>>
>>53894376
For you
>>
File: ishygddt.png (114 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt.png
114 KB, 250x250
>>53894436
>baneposting on technology/animu board
>>
>>53891851
how many wintards on this board know how to set up an IIS or AD server?
how many Mac users can work comfortably with a terminal?
what makes you think you're a god for using GNU/Linux for your platform-agnostic use case?
>>
>>53894476
If you knew how to read, OP actually complained about his lack of relevant skills in the job market while he instead focused on the funny stuff.
>>
>>53894476
nobody can work comfortably with a terminal

the only people you think might be able to happen think the modern terminal is harmful and sperg themselves to death if they use anything but 9term
>>
File: 12713949.jpg (28 KB, 456x620) Image search: [Google]
12713949.jpg
28 KB, 456x620
>>53894878
>nobody can work comfortably with a terminal
>>
File: 1458244078590.jpg (35 KB, 300x245) Image search: [Google]
1458244078590.jpg
35 KB, 300x245
>>53894878
>>
>>53894466
Why does he seriously hope?
>>
>>53892988
>Is it not GPL?
Gpl2 is different to the gpl3 because of tivo'ation
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.