[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a laptop. I've had a macbook pro from 2015 for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1459697896274.gif (4 MB, 352x287) Image search: [Google]
1459697896274.gif
4 MB, 352x287
I need a laptop. I've had a macbook pro from 2015 for the last few months, but it's not for me. I'm selling it on, and with my money, I am looking at getting a way cheaper laptop, and reinvesting the rest of my money into my desktop rig.
Looking at either the thinkpad X220, with 12gb of ram (upgradeable, of coure), a 500gb SSHD, and the haswell i5, for £250, or the Acer c720 chromebook, which has way weaker specs, but is also around £100 cheaper, and is still generally fast enough for me, while also being a lot lighter than the thinkpad.

I'm stuck, /g/, can you help me? Whichever one I get, I'm installing arch or gentoo, so there you go, keep that in mind.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>53878685
>with 12gb of ram
what is wrong with you
>>
>>53878685
Just stick with the macbook and install gentoo on it.
It's going to be nearly impossible to get any better performance at this point for you and your not gonna get the price your expecting when you resale it.

Also never buy SSHD for a laptop.
>>
>>53878911
OP here, and I don't want the macbook anymore. I'm happy with selling it for £800, coming down from the original £999 price tag, and I already have a buyer, so that's not an issue.

Why never an SSHD?
>>
>>53878830
Lol, I'm adding 4GB after the fact... What, should I get less? The fuck is the point?
>>
>>53879044
there is none
more ram than you can utilize won't make your computer faster
>>
>>53879075
Not even putting in more ram to make the laptop faster, just putting it in because I have laptop ram to spare, and I want to put it in somewhere :P
>>
File: 1459493935981.png (153 KB, 936x662) Image search: [Google]
1459493935981.png
153 KB, 936x662
>>53878685
is it weird that this kind of images motivates me
>pic related, best motivator i've ever seen
>>
>>53879350
Post more I've got the strangest boner rn.
>>
Sign in for a technology deprived life, start eating healthy and get only what you need. Rescue yourself.
And send your exceed money and stuff to me.
>>
>>53879395
>>53879350
Come on guys I mean it post more of this.
>>
>>53879395
>>53879575
sorry anon, i have nothing more

you seem to be interested in some kind of domination, wisit /d/ or even /gif/, captioned femdom awaits. can't be sure about that though
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.