[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Food startups are technology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1280-beyond-meat-IMG_9351[1].jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1280-beyond-meat-IMG_9351[1].jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
Who are you investing in?
>>
>>53875835
None of these companies are going to last.
>>
Some food startups make a lot of sense like the ones which deliver groceries for you and shit but other startups seem a bit dangerous like the uber for food where you show up at some random guys place and get food from them.
Other types of food startups like an erp for restaurant business or platforms for restaurants so hungry folks can order and get their food delivered are always good.
IMO the next major disruption that needs to happen is transportation and logistics.
>>
fug i want some chicken so bad
>>
Monsanto
Syngenta
DuPont
>>
>>53875920
These all use the same fucking drivers tho. Like literally I've seen this myself and I've also seen it on tech sites when they review like 5 services at once: They're still getting some messenger boy-tier nigger to get you the food. They're literally just going to the place, picking it up, and bringing it to you. That's not anything to worry about.

Anyway what do you want next. Drones delivering food? I think this current system isn't very efficient and I just fucking walk to the place instead.
>>
>>53875963
Thats not what I meant. I mean transport and logistics as an industry needs to be disrupted. Have you seen that startup which offers a delivery membership.
You pay for the membership and all your shipments are covered for that month or whatever. I don't think they will make it but it will definitely make small online players more competitive as they will have a real shot to get at the amazon prime level of online customers.
>>
>>53876041
>Have you seen that startup which offers a delivery membership.

Yes, but you cook the food. Not anything on-demand. I mean seriously though what you're proposing is basically an on-demand chef. I don't see how that would be profitable unless it was comparable in price.
>>
File: bucketgirl.png (17 KB, 665x665) Image search: [Google]
bucketgirl.png
17 KB, 665x665
I think a few of the smaller scale foodstartups can make it.

Specifically the ones that act as a sorta delivery service direct from farmer, since it removes so many middlemen and services/transport in between.

CSA-style food is what it's called alot of places
>>
>>53876091
But then you are the inefficiency in the value chain. Eventually (sooner than you think) the farmers themselves will be able to do this.
>>
>>53876091
What about companies like Hampton Creek that are raping shit because they just went immediately to large scale via consumer for some products and industry services for the rest to bring a bunch of shit to market in large quantity? Economies of scale is their whole thing.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.