[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Same processor as 2 versions ago >Shittier battery >Boring/Abhorrent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: z5.jpg (22 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
z5.jpg
22 KB, 660x330
>Same processor as 2 versions ago
>Shittier battery
>Boring/Abhorrent colors
>Removed fingerprint sensor for a US release that was 5 months late
How did Sony fuck this phone up so badly?
>>
>>53870108
>810=801
must be hard being retarded
keep crying over phones
>>
>>53870108

Ailver, black and gold are abhorrent?

>there's no pleasing some people
>>
I don't see anything wrong with the Z5. If I didn't already have an iPhone 6s, Z3v and on Verizon, I'd go for it.
>>
>>53870108
Phones have been fast enough to do everything for years. All phones are the same: buy the cheapest one that has the screen size you want.
>>
>>53870108
they fucked up by, get this:
1) using the 810 (that's not the one from two years ago)
2) removing the fingerprint scanner
3) releasing at least 5 months late
>>
>>53870108
I don't think it's ugly, but Sony has just given up on small electronics in the states, and on advertising in general, AFAIK. They see a company like Samsung doing well with the Android market and just bend over their nip buttholes to take in korean dick
>>
>>53870108
Things have been going downhill since z2, time to go back to samsung and grab the s7 edge! Literally the only phone worth the bloated price tag!
>>
Imo the most gorgeous phone currently on the market. No idea why they removed fingerprint sensor on US versions..
>>
Wait for the X performance.
>>
>>53870108
you literally just have to flash a non-US firmware. You're flashing stock firmware so a bootloader unlock is not necessary. If you want to return it for warranty or shit just flash a US firmware back you cuck.

Also
>boring colors
>my colors must be exciting
Just pick black nigga
>>
>>53870108
>glass back

Literally the dumbest design decision every made for a smartphone. Now you have 2 surfaces that can crack!
>>
>>53872271
backplate is really cheap tho.
>>
>>53872292
>it's ok, because you'll only have to spend a little time and money to fix a completely useless cosmetic design when it breaks!
>>
>>53871048
I've been waiting. Shit is the only phone missing from any news sources.
>>
>>53870132
>ignoring the Z4, aka the Z3+
>which was a piece of shit because of the 810

Nice try, but you can't get away from that one.
>>
>>53870108
>z6 dead
>no x compact with 1080p screen
>>
>>53870108
probably wanted to avoid pants fires
>>
>>53870108
Fuck you that green is amazing
>>
>US
Even third world countries get their z5 sooner than you, and they got their finger sensors.
>>
>>53870108
You jelly you can't afford a z5 premium bro?
>>
>>53872271
Working as a civil engineer on site, never have it broken.
>>
>>53870157
OP wanted pink given the faggot that he is.
>>
>>53872271
Have a Nexus 4 for 3 years now, no case. Logically speaking, glass on back is not really an issue because when the back is broken, the front is also most likely broken and that can happen with any phone. If the back is broken and the front isn't broken then who cares.
>>
>>53874018
Kek
>>
>>53870108
That green is anything but boring. fuck now I want one, sexy af tbqh
>>
>>53872777
I managed to not break my Z3 glass for over a year, the tempered glass protectors I was using saved it once after I was nudged into a brick wall in a train station, so I got scared and got a big rubber case and broke the back glass when I got knocked down by a dog
>>
>>53870108
Why do you need to buy a new one? I run my Z2 which I got almost new for 200 € in 2014, everything is fine. Still more RAM than Apple and the CPU is overkill.
>Octacore on mobile
Are you running a homeserver on your phone?
>>
The newest (main) phone uses the 820, this uses the 810. Sony has a weird 6 month release cycle so the Z4/Z3+ is sorta like an incremental update of the Z3
>Shittier battery
I don't think it's so much an issue with the battery itself being shitty as it is with the 810 using more power than necessary. Wouldn't be much of an issue if MUH THINNESS wasn't such a fucking necessity in normie products.
>Boring/Abhorrent colors
Matter of opinion. Overall the design aesthetic of the phones looks classy as fuck. I'm looking at the white one anyway. I'd be all over a white front/gold back one though.
I for one don't fucking care about fingerprint scanners at all. There are SO MANY things that I'd require on my phone before having a fingerprint scanner.
The phone I have now is 3 years old and doesn't have a fingerprint scanner. I don't need one and to not have one is not a fucking deal-breaker.
I am mad about the 5 month late release though. I've been waiting patiently on Amazon for the US version to go down in price for 5 weeks now.
The XP doesn't look bad, but it looks like an iphone clone. Really excited about the Z5 because I'd be the only person in my state that would have one, and that thought excites me.
>>
File: xperiaz5white_02.png (130 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
xperiaz5white_02.png
130 KB, 1000x1000
>>53877926
While on the subject, since every /spg/ I've asked about, I always get ignored, does anyone have any idea when this thing is going to go down in price?
It NEEDS to have the warranty, so it has to be the US one, and the only store I trust is the Amazon direct one.
The white one has been set at $539 with a List price of $599.99 + a 10% sale making it $539.
The only major change has been last week where the list price ($599.99) went down to $539.99 + a $0.99 sale making it still $539. It's like they're just changing the variables around but still keeping it at the same price.
I love Sony, but why do they act like Japanese Apple?
>>
>>53877926
>The newest (main) phone uses the 820, this uses the 810. Sony has a weird 6 month release cycle so the Z4/Z3+ is sorta like an incremental update of the Z3
No. It doesn't. The newest (main) phone is the Xperia Z5, which uses the Snapdragon 810. Their next phone from the new X series will have a new CPU but that's only just gotten announced not long ago.

And the fingerprint scanner is a valid complaint when products in the same price range are offering more features for the money.
>>
>>53878785
When it's pretty much announced and shown off and only a couple of months away from release, it pretty much makes the Z5 which, yes, is still the main one since the newest one isn't out yet, old hat.
I wish I could agree with you because I would have hoped that since announcing the new X line, and the end of the Z line, it'd make the Z5 go down in price now, but I can't into economics.
Fingerprint scanners are what normies expect in phones. The same normies who think that the more megapixels the camera has, the better, and the more pixels the screen has, the better.
Because it doesn't have a fingerprint scanner doesn't make it a bad phone, but 90% of the population who just follows blind sales pitches will see the lack of finger print scanner in a bullet point and just automatically assume that it must be shit.
I imagine it's still in the pricier range is because Sony is like Japanese Apple. They're a premium company and thusly charge a premium price.
>>
Z1 owner here and I've used a Z3 for quite some time. They're wonderful telephones: I love the design, battery life is excellent, they're though and comfortable.
Camera software is utter shit, and they never tried with marketing good enough. Also
>implying US market matters
It has always been a bad market for sony, cause apple fanboys and typical murrucans. Verizon models are shit because Vz wanted them to be like that.
>>
Only Android phones I would even consider buying are Sony or the Priv.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.