[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the first time you steered me wrong, /g/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: cf2.png (122 KB, 260x340) Image search: [Google]
cf2.png
122 KB, 260x340
>fell for the "used thinkpad" meme and got a cheap t410

>First day of new semester today and instant regret.

First of all, I look like a fucking idiot lugging this thing around. I am "that guy" who takes out this ugly ass laptop that looks older than some students here while everyone else is using an aesthetic Macbook or Surface. Not to mention the battery life is trash. The screen is trash. Trackpad is trash. Weight is trash. Fuck this.

Just gonna take out some loans and get a Macbook.
>>
i mean, you could be associated with homosexuals that use ibooks
>>
>>53868789
>iBook
What year is it?
>>
A thinkpad shows that you're middle management material. Just think of the possibilities!
>>
>>53868760
You must loudly comment on the excellent GNU/Linux & *BSD support and utilitarian design, while actively harassing any OSX users. Then you will be finally as cool as you were hoping.
>>
>Taking out loans to buy a macbook when you have a fully capable, working laptop

Go ahead, and stay off this board while you're at it.
>>
Replace the hard drive and cd drive with SSDs and you battery life will double

http://www.notebookreview.com/notebookreview/lenovo-thinkpad-t410-review/
>>
>>53868942
I have an SSD. It can't last more than an hour and a half on a charge.
>>
>>53868930
I don't have to pay them until after I graduate. I need a good computer. I deserve a good computer.
>>
>>53868760

dude it's just a meme. nobody actually uses an old thinkpad. we just like the "idea" of thinkpads.
>>
File: g_dpt_c_qt_anime_girl.png (1 MB, 1000x1400) Image search: [Google]
g_dpt_c_qt_anime_girl.png
1 MB, 1000x1400
Please stop replying to bait threads, or at least sage while doing so.
>>
Why /g is shit - the post. I don't use a chinkpad or a mac, but when I was in college, I used a fucking pentium 2 because that was what I had. You don't "need" or "deserve" a good computer. Also, worrying about what other people think? Holy shit, how old are you? Seriously, get your ass in gear and study.
>>
>>53869056
>animeposter trying to shame other people's threads.
Back to your containment threads.
>>
File: 1438438409567.gif (152 KB, 500x516) Image search: [Google]
1438438409567.gif
152 KB, 500x516
>>53869075
Please stop posting bait threads. It was funny once, but now /g/ is 90% bait and everyone is tired of it.
>>
>Just gonna take out some loans and get a Macbook.

What poor moneykeeping sense.

No wonder you're in higher education.
>>
>>53869091
Seriously dude. Do you not understand how cringeworthy it is that you're pretending to be little anime girls over the internet? At least post something decent like Space Dandy. Being in your mid-late 20s and still into Lucky Star type shit is fucking pathetic.
>>
File: 1439411053526.png (798 KB, 1001x717) Image search: [Google]
1439411053526.png
798 KB, 1001x717
>>53869193
I never pretended to be anything. What's wrong with having different tastes in animation?

If I had an appropriate space dandy reaction image, I'd have used it. Unfortunately, I don't have any on my phone, as you can see. Pic related is the only one.
>>
>>53868760
2/10

2 rupees have been deposited in your iTunes account Suhkdeep.
>>
>>53868995
if thats your attitude, you won't even make it
>>
>>53868995
Fuck you. You deserve nothing. You earn stuff. With that attitude you are gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>53868995
God I wish I could be there to see you flunk out of college...
>>
>>53868760
HAHA he actually bought one!

Did you at least scrape off all the dried cum from in between the keys?
>>
>>53868760
>Weight is trash
Are you that weak?
>>
>>53868977
Then your battery is done. Get a new one.
>>
>>53869129
t. Poor NEET with no future
>>
>>53868760
Fuck off apple shill. You're literally cancer, and not even for liking apple. Your thread is offensively pointless. You'll receive about 190 replies shit talking macbooks that you'll reply to like the (you) addict you are. I hope you're at least getting played for this you meme loving fuck.
>>
>>53871248
I like this new meme.
>>
File: IMG_6793_1.jpg (91 KB, 750x463) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6793_1.jpg
91 KB, 750x463
Just get an X1 carbon bro
>>
File: 1459674431258.jpg (400 KB, 1620x599) Image search: [Google]
1459674431258.jpg
400 KB, 1620x599
>tfw fell for the thinkpad meme
>tfw fell for the mechanical keyboard meme
>tfw fell for the linux meme
>tfw fell for the expensive headphones + taped on mic meme
>tfw getting real fucking sick of /g/'s memes
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
>>
>>53871591

this post is /g/ in a nutshell
>>
>>53868995
bait/10, and beautifully done.
>>
my t440 is nice. Fucking retard buying an old ass laptop lmao
>>
>>53871591
>no 16 GiB RAM

not /g/ enough
>>
>>53868760
>Just gonna take out some loans and get a Macbook.

Don't bother. With ApplePlan you can pay it off in installments from your second job.
>>
File: 1403610438790.jpg (120 KB, 1000x854) Image search: [Google]
1403610438790.jpg
120 KB, 1000x854
> he actually bought a thinkpad
>>
>>53870458
>Implying graduating college is exceptional.
Anyone can do it. All you have to be is a mindless drone that just does his work. Doesn't actually take brains as much as it takes work ethic or ability to pay attention to boring stuff for long periods of time.
>>
>>53871976
>anyone can do it
>as long as they do these exceptional things
>>
>First of all, I look like a fucking idiot lugging this thing around.
This is a benefit, you won't be bothered by people you hate anyway. Alternatively, get a case so they can't see it if you think this matters.

>I am "that guy" who takes out this ugly ass laptop that looks older than some students here while everyone else is using an aesthetic Macbook or Surface.
So are you trying to get laid with your laptop or what? You won't look bad when it doesn't die for some joke reason like the LCD cable being wrapped around the hinges.

>Not to mention the battery life is trash.
On windows - get Lenovo power manager
On Linux - acpi -V
Post maximum rated charge and last capacity, so it will be dead and we can laugh at you.

>The screen is trash.
You probably have the meme 1366 panel, ebay has replacements and its a 10 minute swap with one screwdriver and you can sell the old one to reduce this cost. Sadly with the T4xx you can only go one res higher versus the T5xx which lets you go up to 1920 and more.

>Trackpad is trash.
Dunno how you can possibly think this but did you at least try the trackpoint? (the red dot)

>Weight is trash.
It has a metal cage inside so it doesn't break.

While it's too late since you got the 410, I would have recommended a 420 as the 20 series supports msata SSDs so you can have an SSD, HDD, and dvd drive in one laptop. xx10 will work but it is a first gen mobile i5 IIRC, so it might feel a little dated for your needs. But based on what I'm reading, it sounds like you wanted a consumer laptop that will just break.
>>
>>53871976
>>53872041
You're supposed to actually have some sort of interest in what you're going for so that all the "boring stuff" is mildly fun
>>
>>53872092
Macbook Pros are very well-constructed and durable.
>>
>>53872467
If the body gets even slightly bent or dented, you can't repair it without replacing components.
>>
>>53872092
Different guy, but feel free to tell me how embarrassing my battery is.

PS, my name is Will
>>
File: Laugh.gif (299 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
Laugh.gif
299 KB, 500x373
>>53868760
>Just gonna take out some loans and get a Macbool
>Just gonna take out some loans
>>
>>53868903
>buy a thinkpad
>immediately become insecure and incompetent while developing a pathological fear of network administrators and acne-ridden youths with cattleprods
>>
Should've got an X220
>>
ive got a 410 too, used. its great, had it for one and half a year now and the build quality as well as battery life are great
>>
>>53868760
>First of all, I look like a fucking idiot lugging this thing around.
>My primary concern in purchasing electronics is how it looks
I'd suggest you leave /g/ forever or buy an asbestos suit.
>>
>>53869056
>gril
hime is a boy
>>
>paid apple shilling
Why do you all fall for this crap?
>>
>>53874113
>richest consumer electronics company in the world
>seriously think they need to "shill" on an obscure anime forum
>>
>>53874155

HAHAHA THIS MORON DOESN'T EVEN GET PAID TO SPEND HOURS SELLING APPLE PRODUCTS

C U C K
U
C
K
>>
>>53873166
The line is
>design capacity 2528 mAh
>last full capacity (is the same)
Which means the battery is effectively brand new. congrats. As it ages the second number will be less than the first
>>
>>53872467
>aluminium
shared with toasters

>carbon fiber
Body of race car and shell made out of it survives 200+ mph wall crash
>>
>>53868760
>ugly ass laptop
You're a journalism student, aren't you...

A MacBook is right for you. Just don't fill with hot air because it suits your specific use case.
>>
>>53868760
>taking out a loan for a Macbook

I see a future full of horrible financial decisions and crippling debt in front of you.
Enjoy!
>>
>>53871591
>thinkpad
>linux
both of those have their real uses for some people
rollcages, hotswappable batteries, ease of repair, muh keyboard, ultra-brutalist inside and out
and an operating system which runs software useful for many, like scientific shit, programming LITERALLY anything but C#, not having to deal with Window's shit, pentesting, research

>mech keyboard
>headphones
I'll give you that these are more personal taste, but some enjoy them
If you like high quality music headphones are a lot of fun
If you like the feeling of popping bubble wrap, do that ALL DAY while typing useful text

it's just personal taste, stop calling buyer's regret a meme
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.