[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I attend a large university in Texas. I'm thinking about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2015-09-24-09-19-25.png (773 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-09-24-09-19-25.png
773 KB, 1080x1920
I attend a large university in Texas. I'm thinking about taking intro to C++ as a summer online course. I am currently in Java, and I feel I've got a good understanding of the syntax as well as some good foundations.

The thing is, I am a fucking hermit and I hate going to class/group projects. I have been to lecture like 3 times this whole semester and I have a high A in the class. Online would eliminate group projects that are face to face and any other social bullshit.

My question is /g/, has anyone taken a 10 week course during the summer for a difficult C++ intro class? I'm not asking for advice whether I should do it or not, I can make that decision. I just want to see if I can get some experiences/tips/reasons Not to proceed with the online C++ class from anyone who has been in a relatively similar situation in the past.
>>
You'd better get over your phobia of interacting with other people or the real world is going to be a rude awakening. Also don't get into the habit of shipping class.
>>
Foundations Of Computer Science : C Edition

Just rtfm man

fuck am I tired of having to tell inept fucks like you this
>>
>>53867744
smoke meth. it will help with your decision
>>
File: 1459722753428.jpg (65 KB, 633x356) Image search: [Google]
1459722753428.jpg
65 KB, 633x356
>>53870246
Go home elliot
>>
>>53868573
I switched majors into computer science and the intro classes are full of kids, I'd rather not be there.

Besides that, I can "fake" social skills, it isn't a phobia.
>>
>>53870216
Didn't ask for resources you imbecile. I just wanted to hear from people who have taken a class like this in the summer whether it was worthwhile and if they actually learned or not.
>>
>>53867744
I'm in a c++ class online right now. I have an A in the class and I'm not an expert programmer by any means.
>>
>>53872829
My current java class is basically online since I never go to lecture, the problem isn't the online aspect to be honest. Just wondering if a 10 week C++ online class is realistic enough to actually learn and not just for people who want to skim over material. Though I realize that programming efficiency takes years, I'm not sure if I'd get more out of going through a traditional semester or a summer one.
>>
>>53872880
I guess it depends on your understanding of java. If you're good with Java C++ is kind of a review of everything from java. The ways c++ does things is a little different but they're basically the same. C# is the shiznit tho.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.