[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The best file type for high fidelity music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: hifi-music-is-not-a-meme.png (653 KB, 1202x507) Image search: [Google]
hifi-music-is-not-a-meme.png
653 KB, 1202x507
Rutracker has a ton of high fidelity rips in various formats, such as DSD, FLAC, DVD-A, and others.

What is you're preferred file type and music player? I feel DSD, DTS, and maybe PCM is the only acceptable one in 2016.

Also, I do not understand the difference from TR24 OF and SACD OF. Please inform me.
>>
>>53864353
Is m4a good?
>>
>>53864492
I download all my music off of YouTube 720p videos. It's their preferred format and sounds good to me

But I also have tinnitus and prefer pre-1950s music that I hear with 40$ cans so I'm not the best judge
>>
>>53864615
I've always used mp3. I might try m4a since it is theoretically better.
>>
TR's are sourced from only downloads, SACD OF are sourced from SACD's
I download CD's, enjoy your placebo OP
>>
>>53864492
Ya it works well
>>
>>53864353
Why the fuck would you prefer PCM over FLAC when they are both lossless and FLAC has smaller file size?
>>
>>53864695
Because FLAC is compressed, and compression is bad!
>>
>>53864615
>unironically downloading lossy-to-lossy web-streaming encodes !!!!

>being this much of a retarded normie
>>
>>53864731
Compression is not bad when it is lossless.
>>
>>53864492
Its ok, not the best format, and apple uses it. Comparable to highly compressed FLAC.

>>53864615
Cancer. I have tinnitus too (Visual Snow) and I can easily tell the difference from YouTube and a shitty mp3.

>>53864681
Thank you anon, and CD's are plebeian tier.

>>53864695
The technology behind PCM is more sophisticated, and it is hard for me to distinguish from a stereo SACD rip and a good quality PCM rip. Also, I have tons of hard drive storage space, so I do not worry about file size.

>>53866088
Lossless is compression nonetheless.
>>
Ogg Vorbis for compression
FLAC for lossless
cmus for playback
Sansa ClipZip for portability.
>>
>>53864353
Just use nggr audio comression
>>
>>53866938
>The technology behind PCM is more sophisticated, and it is hard for me to distinguish from a stereo SACD rip and a good quality PCM rip. Also, I have tons of hard drive storage space, so I do not worry about file size.
So, why dont you use FLAC? You wont lose any audio quality and you have better metadata support
>>
>>53867208
Because most of my rips are PCM. I don't need to convert, and PCM is subjectively better. If had to choose between the two, PCM it is. Otherwise FLAC is good enough.

>>53866980
Dank meme
>>
File: muh seedies.png (207 KB, 552x580) Image search: [Google]
muh seedies.png
207 KB, 552x580
>>53867208
FLAC is an archiving format, mate. Why you people keep using it wrong?
>>53864353
>>53864681
Is this yuropoor book shilling placebo? Have you ever tried DVD-As(not double vagina double anal)? I've never seen any music recordings sold in DVDA format.
>http://www.karbosguide.com/books/videosound/chapter06.htm
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.