[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone got it already? Where's my package? Haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: htc-vive.jpg (447 KB, 1200x700) Image search: [Google]
htc-vive.jpg
447 KB, 1200x700
Has anyone got it already?

Where's my package? Haven't gotten tracking info or anything yet.
>>
File: winupdates.jpg (70 KB, 956x703) Image search: [Google]
winupdates.jpg
70 KB, 956x703
Also how can it be still over 24 hours till GB livestream of vive stuff?
>>
>>53859655
This is /g/, not vive customer support you dumb fuck.
>>
This months paycheque went to this little fucker.
I dunno, HTC said they where intentionally inflating the price at launch, and that it'd drop soonish after all the eager early adopters bought up.
Given I live in kangaroo land that could help a lot.
For the meantime I'll just fuck around with HDMI-mipi boards thanks.
>>
>>53860007
Forgot pic.
I wanna be early in the queue.
>>
>buying 1st gen
How can you be this stupid
>>
>>53859655
When did you order? How many minutes after pre-orders went up?

First shipment is for people who ordered within 10 minutes.
>>
>>53860045
Confirmation email came four minutes after the start so I guess I'm gonna get it this week if nothing unexpected happens. Monies were taken last week off my cc.
>>
>>53860007
>HTC said they where intentionally inflating the price at launch, and that it'd drop soonish after all the eager early adopters bought up.
Where did they say this?
>>
While it's good people are not supporting the Facebook machine I would not be getting a first gen unit.
>>
>>53859670
>Also how can it be still over 24 hours till GB livestream of vive stuff?
>whole day+difference
5PM tomorrow is not equal to 24 hours (say, 7AM) today
>>
>>53860108
But you don't have shipping email yet?

I received my shipping email a few days ago. Vive arriving on the 6th.
>>
>>53860179
I think Rift is going to sell badly.

The Vive is flat out better, and so many people are cancelling their Rift orders to buy a Vive.
>>
>>53860252
They will soon find out that the Rift got the superior display which is more comfy to use.
>>
File: waiting.jpg (25 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
waiting.jpg
25 KB, 1920x1080
Gen 1: All the bullshit they didn't think about, no selection of games/applications, okay technology.
Gen 2: Slight upgrade to get the suckers.
Gen 3/4: First time the product is actually worth considering.

I'll get it when virtual screens are good.
>>
File: OculusBTFO.jpg (28 KB, 847x99) Image search: [Google]
OculusBTFO.jpg
28 KB, 847x99
>>53859655
Vive confirmed GOAT.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-htc-vive-352103.phtml

Im in the same boat op, looks like we're waiting till mid april.
>>
Can anyone in first wave shipping to Australia confirm whether you are paying a customs duty fee and how much?

I hope they mistake 927USD for AUD, exchange rate sucks at the moment. It will amount to close to 1500AUD with the customs fee.

The oculus rift despite its flaws is starting to look like a more attractive option down under since they announced free shipping. It would be less than 1000AUD even with the current exchange rate so I don't have to pay around 200~300AUD duty.
>>
>>53860922
>>
>The oculus rift despite its flaws is starting to look like a more attractive option down under since they announced free shipping. It would be less than 1000AUD even with the current exchange rate so I don't have to pay around 200~300AUD duty.

anon, free shipping is only for those who preordered before first of april

How australians are that fucked? I mean your internet is slower than balls, you lost zyzz and you pay ten euros more for the vive (I paid 990 euros)
>>
>>53861230
a day late and a dollar more m80, shit sucks but at least they didn't outright neglect our country like many others.
>>
>>53861248
by that I mean both oculus and HTC not shipping to certain countries.

>anon, free shipping is only for those who preordered before first of april
looks like I am fucked either way, might as well keep my Vive May order and pray the aussie dollar by some miracle gets nudged up to 80cents. I would have to pay a quarter of the price in fees.
>>
>>53860007
>I dunno, HTC said they where intentionally inflating the price at launch, and that it'd drop soonish after all the eager early adopters bought up.

I've never heard this, and it would be incredibly stupid for them to admit it if true

>>53860252
Slightly higher pixels per degree, slightly lower fov. Vive balance fresnel flaring with some godraying and rift goes full godrays in a way that's bad enough for people to think theirs is defective.

The rift's lighter but bleeds light. Also shit for glasses wearers. The vive has a front facing camera which reduces the need to take it off for quick tasks which can make it more comfortable overall.

Also, at the end of day, Rift isn't forward-thinking enough to be as good as the vive if they eventually implement touch and roomscale. The camera can't see behind you, and it's not quite as good as lighthouse.

Never mind the zuck and the software concerns people have. I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that it's the correct choice unless you have an extremely specific use-case in mind. Nothing worth playing will remain exclusive to Oculus because it doesn't make sense for the developer in an already niche market.
>>
Still waiting here
>>
A Jewo-virtual '"Reality'"

And, you, gullible Goym

Falling for it.

Gullible Goym.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.