[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Sansa Clip+ is the best player with Rockbox you can have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: 1459588511063.jpg (553 KB, 1858x2536) Image search: [Google]
1459588511063.jpg
553 KB, 1858x2536
The Sansa Clip+ is the best player with Rockbox you can have for that price, but it's getting a bit old.
When mine will die, I want to buy something else to change.

I looked at the Fiio M3 but the OS seems like a pain to use.
I'm interested in the iPod Classic because you can install Rockbox on it and change the HDD for a SD and a bigger battery..

Somebody is using one at the moment ? Also how does the sound quality compares to other players ?
Can you recommend a better one for less than 150€/$ and with an OS as good as Rockbox at dynamic playlist ?
>>
>>53857652
Aren't they expensive now? Like $70 USD.
>>
>>53857668
Oh yeah I forgot they are discontinued now
But this isn't the point of the thread
>>
I still use my rockboxed clip+ with a 128gb mSD that I'll probably never fill and a smartphone lacks basic rockbox features like a parametric EQ.

I think i will get another clip+ if this one breaks.
>>
My iPod classic is starting to die out on me after years of service and I'm looking to replace it, is this a good mp3 player to use, I just need a good dedicated music device really, any suggestions?
>>
>>53857707
What gen is it ? Do you use Rockbox on it ?
>>
>>53857714
Not sure of the gen but its an 80 gig. I still use the stock ware since its just easy to navigate. Only thing wrong with it really is how it won't send audio to the headphones anymore.
>>
File: 1458998634709-0.png (784 KB, 1000x1204) Image search: [Google]
1458998634709-0.png
784 KB, 1000x1204
>>
Bump2
>>
Make sure you guys grab the latest dev builds of Rockbox for it, they're actually still making improvements to the battery life and eq
>>
>>53858371
And there are really stable
I don't know why the last stable release is so old
(Check all the steaks)
>>
File: smugpuremaiden.png (379 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
smugpuremaiden.png
379 KB, 853x480
>>53858225
>text editor
>>
OP what theme is that?
>>
What's wrong with just using your damn phone?
>>
>>53858464
there's always that ONE guy.
>>
>>53858453
I did it myself because other skins don't display Korean char (Or badly)
But I can upload it if you want
>>
>>53858515
What? They have better user interfaces, more features, usually more space than dedicated players, and most importantly you only need one device for everything.
>>
>>53858464
Battery life
Sound quality
Rockbox features
Easy to navigate without looking
Indestructible
Can hold it in hand while walking and never fear the niggers (I'm Korean but I live in France now. I fear them a lot)
>>
>>53858424
Anon, do you know what anime that is from? I've seen it posted a couple times and I can never get a Google result.
>>
>>53858517
Yes please :)
>>
>>53858542

Probably a shitty one based on statistical probability.
>>
i have had my clip+ for 4 years now
really fucking good pmp
dropped rockbox after 2 weeks of use because it made some things i like more complicated
stock is not too bad and it does everything i need it to do
>>
>>53858549
Therre you go
Copy and paste in the .rockbox folder, then select my skin in the settings
mediafire.com/download/2n72mhyypiq46im/WonSansa.rar
>>
>>53858539
How shit is your phone that it doesn't last the whole day? When was the last time you used a smartphone? Sound quality is great. It's simply impossible to have more features than the arsenal of apps for smartphones and you can program hardware buttons to do whatever you like on phones.
>>
>>53858586
>one day battery life

FULL PLEB

come again when your phones can go two weeks of occasional audio-listening without charging
>>
>>53858586
I have a LG G3
And yet the quality is better on the Sansa (Using Xiaomi hybrids)
Try to find an Android player with better dynamic playlists than Rockbox, just this
Smartphones have only 3 buttons, that's not enough to navigate in a music library
>>
>>53858583
Thank you very much
>>
>>53858595
When was the last time you had no access to electricity for a week? Do you live in the Congolese jungle?
>>
>>53857652
>I'm interested in the iPod Classic because you can install Rockbox on it and change the HDD for a SD and a bigger battery
Go for it anon, it's the best option
>>
>>53858657
Camping.
>>
>>53858865
Bring a battery.
>>
>>53858878
Even so
>having to plug you plug your PMP in over 7 times more often because lol guise phone is good enough
I'll continue using my superior device.
>>
>>53858424
wots this from
>>
>>53858897
I guess if you're a constant camper who uses no phone or any media whatsoever except for a few gigabytes of audio then maybe.
>>
>>53858993
It's a music player, anything but music on it would be quite retarded.

And camping aside it's pretty damned nice to have a device you only charge once every week or two. I already have to charge my phone every few days and that's enough of a pain
>>
>>53857652
i got this for like £30 a few years back
>>
you made this thread yesterday
>>
>>53859004
Is it also a pain to put on your shoes every day? Because that's about 10 times more effort than plugging in a phone.
>>
>>53859018
Yes I did, but I still don't have any recommendation
>>
>>53859024
I keep my shoes tied and slip them on.
>>
Ruizu X02
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/put-a-shark-in-it/32456686262.html
>>
>>53859065
What don't you understand in "shit interface"?
>>
>>53858464
>>53858533
>more features
Phones have less features than rockbox if anything.
>>
I've been using Sansa Clip for so long I literally can't use an mp3 player otherwise than to clip it on to a belt hoop on me pants. It's ridiculous, but that's how things are for me. I dread the time my little guy finally kicks the bucket because I haven't seen a new player with a clip on the market, that would not be some cheap ass chinko shit.
Hold me /g/.
>>
>>53859739
>>53857652
Has anybody considered approaching a manufacturer and proposing they launch a cheap player designed for rockbox?

The rockbox team seems pretty competent and if they write the firmware and make suggestions about the hardware most of the work would already be done. The company would be able to save a boatload, manufacture cheaply and cut into the market at a price no other player could match. It would also be great if that set a trend in hardware manufacturers seeking out open source communities and asking for user input on whatever it is they make.
>>
>>53858542
>>53858959
Its from the great anime Rin x Sen
>>
>>53857652
stop shilling placebos
>>
>>53857652

Just buy another one. Few months ago I picked up a new 8gb clip+ on Amazon for $60. Add another $10 for a custom silicone case. Then put it aside and stop worrying.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.