[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a thing now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: upgrade.png (23 KB, 839x529) Image search: [Google]
upgrade.png
23 KB, 839x529
I actually just got this update
what even the fuck
CNN?

Anyways, post more
>>
>>53856344
Dude you should try Windows 10, it's great. Free, great, faster, more secure. Upgrading is a no-brainer.
>>
>>53856344
Windows 10 is actually pretty nice, and this is coming from a seasoned linux sysadmin with years of experience. You should take advantage of the free upgrade before it expires.
>>
File: 008_svadebnaya_fotosessiya.jpg (71 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
008_svadebnaya_fotosessiya.jpg
71 KB, 600x400
>>53856344

Cuckhold Newfag Network
>>
>>53856362
>>53856378
Congratulations! $0.10 has been deposited into your Microsoft Online Advertising Unit account! You only need 3271 more posts until your $1.00 bonus!
>>
>>53856344
Yeah, it's been going on for the better part of a year now. Some people love the new version, some hate it. Most agree it's being pushed way too aggressively on people who don't want it.

If you're on 7 and want something speedier or you're on 8 and want something less, well, Windows-8-ish, take the upgrade.

If you're on 7 or 8 and like things how they are, don't.

Pros: Faster than 7, new flat theme, more modern, DX12, Linux binary compatibility coming soon, hot Cortana waifu.

Cons: Seems a bit slower than 8.1 especially on lower end machines, new flat theme, can't review and reject updates anymore, potential privacy issues.
>>
>>53856344
It's really just MS being MS. You can either hate it or go with it. It really doesn't matter in the end.
>>
>>53856344
Oh, and if you take the upgrade and don't like it, you can go back within 30 days provided you don't get terribly unlucky and have the upgrade screw things too badly. But after 30 days it'll assume you're happy with it and free up the sizable chunk of space taken up by the backup of your old Windows.
>>
>>53856344
Dude is that actually real?

What the fuck.
>>
>>53856505
I'm actually part of the anti-botnet cult, but thanks for the info ;)

I'm really just surprised that they quote CNN in their adverts. I've never seen something like that before
>>
>says the guy with the charms bar
>>
>>53856701
In that case, head off and get GWX Control Panel to put an end to the madness once and for all.

I'm sticking with 8.1 as well for the time being.
>>
>>53856362
>>53856378
Windows 10 is decent enough for desktops, sure, but it breaks in the enterprise.

Group policy mapping is a mess. I mean, yeah, take your free upgrade, grab the key, then go back to whatever else you were using. 10's not quite ready yet. Wait until Server 2016 drops. It should be by then.

And if not, I guess I'll go back to Mac or something...
>>
>CNN
more reasons to not upgrade
>>
Usability-wise, Windows 10 is nice. It's invasive and domineering as fuck though, but if you've already consigned yourself to using Microsoft products, what difference does it make if the cock going into your ass is six inches or nine?
>>
>>53856344
>Not using Enterprise versions so you don't get bombarded with that bullshit
>>
>>53857100
Turning off telemetry on enterprise doesn't actually turn it off. It just blocks access to the log file that all of the telemetry info gets stored in. The services will remain active no matter what setting you put.
>>
>>53856344
>have to make an email for a fucking user account
>>
>>53857271
Only idiots use MS accounts with their Win10
>>
>>53856419
top cream
>>
>>53856505
>"potential" privacy issues.
>>
>>53857099
w7 = 3"
w8/8.1 = 6"
w10 = 18" double ended
>>
>>53857099
I'm not prepared to be fucked that hard anon.
>>
>>53858014
>w10 = 18" double ended
Does this mean I can use it to fuck someone else while being fucked by it? If so, this is a definite improvement.
>>
>install Windows 10
>the start button on both monitor and keyboard fail to do anything after about an hour
>have to shut down using CTRL ALT DEL menu
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.