[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw too poor to purchase a Vive or the GTX 970 needed to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: htc_vive_white.jpg (933 KB, 3600x2251) Image search: [Google]
htc_vive_white.jpg
933 KB, 3600x2251
>tfw too poor to purchase a Vive or the GTX 970 needed to drive it
>tfw 31 years old

Should I kill myself now?
>>
>tfw 19 and at a private college
>tfw you're just waiting for your next paycheck to place your order
>>
>purchasing a first generation
Why ? Let the impatient gaymers beta test them for us, chances are they'll find problems with them that will be solved in the future.
>>
File: 1456904320231.jpg (42 KB, 541x498) Image search: [Google]
1456904320231.jpg
42 KB, 541x498
>>53855779
>tfw you forget your first face
>>
>>53855817
I do OpenGL shit as a hobby and want to do VR shit.
>>
>>53855763
Save up?
>>
>>53855894
I'm currently NEET and living with parents after ragequitting my job.
>>
File: PSVR[1].jpg (29 KB, 820x461) Image search: [Google]
PSVR[1].jpg
29 KB, 820x461
>>53855763
>>
>>53855900

Maybe don't be such a fucking baby
>>
I can afford it now, but I've stopped caring about peripherals and the next big upgrade until it comes way down in price.

/g/, I just don't feel that urge to buy /g/ stuff anymore. It's like being freed into another prison.
>>
>>53855763
I'm waiting for mine to be delivered. Hopefully it'll be here tomorrow.

jelly?
>>
>>53856331

You should be glad, senpai. Since I've been getting more dosh recently I've been more inclined to spend more often than I really should. It's becoming a problem. Saving is always the best scenario.
>>
3.5GB
G
B
>>
>>53856407
Too poor to even consider GTX 980, senp.ai.
>>
>>53856407
It's 4gb you retard, the L2 cache is just slower to access so you still have 4gb.
>>
>>53856259
>being an adult = being someone's professional bitch
Go suck Mr. Shekelstein's dick for some change, wagecuk
>>
>>53855763
of course you should
if you can't have a toy, just die
>>
>>53856431
"its only pretending to be retarded"
>>
>>53855763
Save up, you'll get it in a year when there are more games for it.
>>
>>53856431
The last 500mb has nothing to do with L2 cache. The memory controller for the modules is attached to the ROP units, and the 970 has an ROP, and therefore a memory controller, disabled. That means two modules must share one memory controller. If both modules are used, they fight over priority and that breaks parallelism across the GPU memory, reducing the overall memory bandwidth of the card (something like 200gb/s) to the bandwidth of a single controller (something like 30gb/s).

Pls go away u no not Wat u say
>>
>>53856516
at least you have money and can afford cheat consumer shit
>>
>>53856400
I have something over $100k in stocks and such and paid half of my current mortgage. I have money invested, only few $k's on my bank account, though.

I really wanted the vive. Didn't even think twice, had to have it.
>>
>>53855763

Naw. Wait until second gen comes out and HL3 releases for it. Oh yeah, I'm calling it now. If not this, what the hell else could Valve be waiting for?
>>
>>53855763
>970
Literally THE WORST POSSIBLE CHOICE for vr.
That 3.5 would make the experience sickening as all fuck should it strike, and you would have no way in hell of knowing if it was about to.
>>
>on food stamps
>vive coming in on Tuesday
>>
If i'm upgrading my 750 i'm going to need better reasons than 2 "windows 10 app store" games and some shitty virtual boy goggles.
>>
Just switched from a 290 to a Fury in anticipation of my purchase of a VR headset.
>>
>>53855963
That shit probably can't even render 2D waifus without dropping frames like mad.
>>
>>53855763
>tfw 34
>10 grand in debt due to poor life choices
>quit my job due to suffering from ME
>not eligible for any benefits due to our draconian government
>had to become a student again to get enough loan money to pay my bills for the next couple of years
>will never afford a VR headset unless I can find a 30K job that I can physically cope with when I graduate
>only have a GTX970 because it was half price on ebay from some eastern european guy.
>>
>>53856949
>materialism
Yeah, those 8+ hours a day doing repetitive shit, being bored, stressed, annoyed or even putting your life in danger are really worth it.
At the end of the day you can buy a flagship phone made in China or a VR headset so you can fuck your waifu for 10 minutes a day because your eyes start hurting from longer exposure then going to sleep because you're exhausted from spending the whole day making money for your overlord.
>>
>>53857784
Then at least don't come complaining on /g/.
>>
>>53855763
is this a thinly veiled 3.5gb shill
>>
>>53857784
You do know that the wageslave meme was created to ridicule NEETs trying to rationalize their terrible lifestyle choices?
>>
>>53857856
You do know that the NEET meme was created to ridicule wageslaves trying to rationalize their terrible lifestyle choices ?
>>
>>53857827
>don't remind me of how shitty my wagecuck life is
kek
>>
>>53857943
It wasn't, though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEET
>>
>>53857982
Doesn't matter. Wagecucks get BTFO by the NEETs all the time on 4chan. They can't win arguments like they can't win promotions.
>>
>>53858004
I'm sure all those debating skills will come in handy when you can no longer sponge off your parents and actually have to get a job
>>
>>53857784
someones mad that they don't have enough autism bucks to buy things other than chicken tendies
>>
>>53858043
Jobs are for sheeple

T.self-employed
>>
>>53858083
doing?>
>>
>>53858043
I don't need debating skills. Admitting that you're someone's slave makes you instantly loose any argument regarding life choices. You can always make shit up about a NEET and use your meme words "basement", "neckbeard" and all that retarded shit, but you both know you're the materialistic bitch giving away his freedom for money.
tl;dr dumb consumerists get BTFO like always, have fun with your chink shit technology that you've earned with hard work
>>
>>53858119
Probably being your boss, lol. Bosses should be considered NEETs as they mostly don't actually do shit.
NEETs could also be considered bosses. I mean, providing their subsistence without doing anything with money that people like you have worked for while avoiding materialistic traps ? That's pretty fucking badass.
>>
>>53858184
>non answer
>implying I'm not a COO in a large company
I was actually curious cause as you say most people on /g/ are neet or unemployable college kids.
>>
>>53858159
>have fun with your chink shit technology that you've earned with hard work
>with hard work

Exactly, as opposed to scum like you living off from others like a disgusting leech. You are nothing but dead weight to everyone around you.
>>
>>53855763
>tfw neet
>tfw spent 80% of my savings buying 980ti last year and Vive this year

You had years pham, I started collecting shekels back in 2012 when the Oculus hype train left the station.
>>
>>53855763
>large quantities/or extremely fast of VRAM needed
>970
You are fucking retarded there is nothing more to it.
>>
>>53857784
>complaining about not being able to own VR stuff
>complaining about materialism
there's another reason you're 31 and live with your parents, isn't there?
>>
>>53855763
>>53858706

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/125239/20160118/steam-gamers-have-a-new-favorite-graphics-card-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970.htm

Most gaming rigs use the 970 card so developers do have it in mind.
The recommended specs for vr will rise really fast though once they have a somehat decent install base
>>
>>53856619
But you can still use it even if it's fighting for the controller.
>>
I just want my SSIbux to come in so I can finally just be done with the material world.

I just wish the screen was on the back of my eyelids so I don't have to open my eyes ever again
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.