[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: terminal.png (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
terminal.png
86 KB, 500x500
need desperate help, /g/. I installed KDE on Ubuntu with GNOME still on it, and whenever I try to use apt it tells me to try sudo apt-get -f install, which gives me this:
Preparing to unpack .../kde-config-telepathy-accounts_4%3a15.08.2-0ubuntu1_i386.deb ...
Unpacking kde-config-telepathy-accounts (4:15.08.2-0ubuntu1) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/kde-config-telepathy-accounts_4%3a15.08.2-0ubuntu1_i386.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite '/usr/share/accounts/services/google-im.service', which is also in package account-plugin-google 0.12+15.10.20150723-0ubuntu1
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/kde-config-telepathy-accounts_4%3a15.08.2-0ubuntu1_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Help?
>>
bump, really need help.
>>
>>53855013
what were you thinking
>>
>>53855101
I have no idea, I just wanted to play with KDE and then realized I didnt like it.
>>
>KDE
>Ubuntu
>GNOME

what the fuck
>>
>>53855132
I am kind of new to Linux.
>>
Whoever was in charge of that package did not think things through.

>>53855013
Rename the file as root to something else (i.e. google-im.service.bak), run apt-get -f install again
>>
>>53855144
ah, it's okay. I did something similar by ripping out the screensaver. Apparently it was tied into the lock screen functionality and made it unable to log back in
>>
you know what the oldest lie in america is? that on ubuntu you can install multiple DEs and that they're all compatible with eachother
>>
>>53855190
What file? The KDE Telepathy?

Thanks so much for the help, guys.
>>
>>53855196
works for me, kid

>already in package account-plugin-google
sudo apt remove account-plugin-google (and any dependencies it has).
That or just remove that file.
>>
>>53855013
https://stackoverflow.com/
>>
>>53855218
The conflicting file between the two packages.

sudo mv /usr/share/accounts/services/google-im.service /usr/share/accounts/services/google-im.service.bak
>>
>>53855241
dpkg is stuck in limbo. It won't let you do anything until the installation is finished, including removing the conflicting packages
>>
>>53855258
so what should I do?
>>
>>53855265
>>53855244

Removing would probably work too, but renaming it allow you to restore the old version should something happen
>>
>>53855244
Tried that, got this:
mv: cannot stat ‘/usr/share/accounts/services/google-im.service’: No such file or directory
>>
Any luck OP?
>>
>>53855423
Nope.
>>
>>53855316
I might have made a typo. Check if the file exist
>>
>>53855481
Not in the account/services directory, only the .bak one does.
>>
>>53855506
Which mean its already renamed (or the problem runs deeper). Try running apt-get -f install again
>>
>>53855519
Tried it. Came out with the same error. Should I just reinstall ubuntu?
>>
>>53855013

$ sudo rm -rf /*

Then install gentoo with openbox don't use bloated kde or gnome bullshit
>>
>>53855562
Try sudo apt-get purge kde-telepathy*

(If it works, just FYI its on the first page of google search)
>>
>>53855609
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.