[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the CPU affect FPS dramatically, compared to GPU even in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: gtav_vhigh_cpu.png (57 KB, 582x2128) Image search: [Google]
gtav_vhigh_cpu.png
57 KB, 582x2128
Does the CPU affect FPS dramatically, compared to GPU even in "CPU bound" games?
>>
>>53854718
>gayming
>>
>>53854718
>what are bottlenecks
>>
>>53854718
In GTA:V on 1080p, the newest CPUs can get up to ~70 FPS, while the oldest CPUs can get as low as ~30 FPS, with the same GPU.
>>
>>53854718
OP the thing is games like GTA V happen to have tons of stuff going on in the game that requires that CPU usage. All the stuff the pedestrians and other cars do, etc. There are a handful of other games like this but not all. The Witcher 3 for example uses way less CPU but still fully utilizes 100% of your GPU to render the game.

Anyway as you can see by that chart, a quad core i5 is 99.9% as good as the $100 more expensive i7 with hyper threading so there you go.
>>
>>53854718
What the fuck do you think CPU bound means?
>>
The chart is bullshit, stop spreading disinformation, go on YouTube and many videos tell a different story contrary to this obvious Intel shilling chart
>>
File: lp_1920.jpg (145 KB, 545x645) Image search: [Google]
lp_1920.jpg
145 KB, 545x645
A GPU bound game.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.