[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good master keyboard below $300
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 51El64NDVAL._SL1200_.jpg (51 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
51El64NDVAL._SL1200_.jpg
51 KB, 1200x750
What's a good master keyboard below $300
>>
I would recommend you to go /mu/ and look for /prod/ (production general) in the catalog and asking there

Being the fag that I am I would suggest you DO NOT get an m'audio keyboard (lower end anyway) because they are trash.

I just use some 88-key yamaha digital piano I bought a long ass time ago as a controller
>>
>>53847751
Kawai VPC1
>>
>tfw no yamaha dx fm synthezier
>>
>>53849665
do you know about the reface?

I have the YC and CP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbhtsRvvkw8
>>
>>53849690
yeah, it honestly looks really cool

is it more like an emulation or is it the same hardware you'd get back in the 80's with a new face?

shame that it's WAY out of my price range
>>
>>53849702
I am pretty sure the hardware has been updated but you can get sounds that are reminiscent of the original DX. And yeah they will probably drop down in price in a year or two, as they are fairly new. I saw the DX for $300 on craigslist and I was dangerously close to buying it and had to convince myself I don't need a third reface (yet)
>>
>>53847751
(I'll speak about used keyboards prices in my zone, YMMV)

Are you stricly talking about master keyboards, or a controller will do just fine?
If it's the latter, studiologic Acuna if you want to go weighted. Realistic action, doesn't weigh like a coffin (only 14 kgs).
Otherwise you could get a Nano, always by studiologic (the action's a bit lighter for me though).

If you're more interested in control surfaces and don't mind the action, I had good experiences with novation and nectar in that price range
(Mind that nektar ones don't have MIDI out - only their 88 keys one do).
Avoid M Audio like the plague, especially used.

For that money you could always buy an Acuna and a BCR2000 though, killer combo right there
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.