[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: aprmaj.png (115 KB, 1086x620) Image search: [Google]
aprmaj.png
115 KB, 1086x620
Are we looking at the next MySpace ?

Will we look at twitters huge half a page pixelated banners and shitty content just as we look now at the museum of shitty gifs - MySpace?
>>
>>53846977
Shareholders are not falling for the memes
>>
Not selling enough user data.
>>
Twitter celebrated its 10-year anniversary on March 21 with a perfect record of losing money every quarter. The company has rung-up over $2 billion in losses for the decade.

Just as we expected, on February 10 Twitter not only announced another earnings loss of $90 million on $710 million in revenue, but also revealed that its monthly average user total declined by 2 million for the quarter.
>>
BTW can someone explain to me how do they manage to lose such an absurd amounts of money?

Like is the hardware and maintenance so expensive for such a simple website ? I havent seen any significant development being done so its certainly not going there.

Or is it the SJW CEO´s paying themselves huge bonuses or what?

Ill probably just look at the financial statements, maybe there will be something.
>>
File: 1374068502461.gif (301 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1374068502461.gif
301 KB, 480x360
>Facebook is making 3 billion+ profit from offering a free service
>People unironically have Facebook accounts
>>
File: 1442095877542.jpg (57 KB, 1058x703) Image search: [Google]
1442095877542.jpg
57 KB, 1058x703
Racists happened

http://nymag.com/following/2015/11/dreaded-anime-avatar-explained.html
>>
Do you think that anitwitter would print money?
>>
>(The association between anime avatars and Gamergate is helped in part because Gamergate’s logo-slash-mascot is a green-and-purple cartoon woman named Vivian James who tends to be drawn in an anime style. Yes: a fictional cartoon woman is the symbol of a movement accused of unrealistic views of women.)

Well, that's just rude.
>>
>>53847267
>a movement accused of unrealistic views of women
I thought they were accused of hating women.
>>
>>53847309

>But why anime avatars? What do Gamergaters have in common with Twitter Stalinists? As noted above, in some ways anime avatars are the equivalent of a fedora or a leather duster or transition lenses, a quick public signal of someone’s (proud) nerdom. If egg avatars are signs of Twitter, and likely internet, novices, anime avatars would seem to be the opposite: the signs of people who have spent, or are spending, too much time online.
>>
>>53847267
That's an awful bias those people have..

>>53847320
Why did "gaymerg8" become a thing anyway?
>>
>>53846977
all these things are useless except as means of propaganda and control for the pentagon/NSA.
facebook would already be dead if they hadn't revived it forcibly countless times
>>
>>53847354
because gaming """journalists""" are transparently corrupt and work together to push shitty ideas and games to an unsuspecting public.

over the course of 24 hours, the following articles were published to alienate "gamers:"

Such articles appeared concurrently in Gamasutra (“ ‘Gamers’ are over” and “A guide to ending ‘gamers’ ”), Destructoid (“There are gamers at the gate, but they may already be dead”), Kotaku (“We might be witnessing the ‘death of an identity’ ”) and Rock, Paper, Shotgun (“Gamers are over”), as well as Ars Technica (“The death of the ‘gamers’ ”), Vice (“Killing the gamer identity”) and BuzzFeed (“Gaming is leaving ‘gamers’ behind”).

this was found by googling

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/bitwise/2014/09/gamergate_explodes_gaming_journalists_declare_the_gamers_are_over_but_they.html
>>
>>53847069
as most of the other tech companies that are taking advantage of the bubble, as any other ponzi scheme, those who "invested" first are the ones ahead of the rest

in tech companies it means invest on any crap that have users with the hope it will be IPO'ed where it is dumped to even more people which will push stock prices higher in hopes even more naive people will jump thinking they will become rich until there's no more money to throw into it

burst. repeat.
>>
I can't wait for Twitter to die.
My local news recently discovered Twitter, and they begin every story with a hashtag now. Like they actually say "hashtag" on air.
>>
>>53847354
It was a response to websites that allegedly sold reviews to anyone
>>
Twitter is a cancer on the internet. It caused hashtag activism to be a thing and is infested with retards and uneducated opinions.

This whole thing of every normie getting his 5 minutes of fame is ruining the internet.

Can't wait for the bubble to pop, honestly.
>>
/pol/ practically destroyed twitter with their trolling

Facebook is proving to be pretty hard to destroy.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.