[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /g/ pirate? Just started torrenting and don't know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (124 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
124 KB, 300x300
Why does /g/ pirate? Just started torrenting and don't know how to use the damn thing
>>
File: 1456623545978.png (3 MB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
1456623545978.png
3 MB, 2400x1600
>>53845550
>public trackers
>>
>>53845550
Is that even a question?
>>
Usually like old games and some other softwares.
>>
>>53845550
How many more times are you going to post this thread?
>>
>2k16
>dont' know how to use torrentclients

Are you retarded?
>>
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#Piracy
>>
File: the-pirates-band-of-misfits02.jpg (506 KB, 2000x1293) Image search: [Google]
the-pirates-band-of-misfits02.jpg
506 KB, 2000x1293
>>53845959
Arrrrrr!
Good point.
>>
I pirate shit so I don't have to pay. if you pirate something and you ISP catches you, pay for a VPN and get into a private tracker.
if they don't catch you even after seeding, you don't have to fuck around with private trackers and shit
>>
>>53846092
s/pirate/download/g
>>
>>53846092
>having to worry about your ISP catching you
where the hell do you live?
>>
>>53846174
s/download/prohibitively copy/
>>
>>53846328
land of the free(tm), obviously
>>
>>53846328
Same here: Big American movie and music corporations just have to ask ISPs to give out addresses behind IPs, and they'll promptly hand them over to lawyers specialized in suing people for copyright violation. Almost always hefty settlement fines are paid, cases almost never end up before courts.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.