[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys why are all my videos stuttering? My CPU's at 29%.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: vlcashitalsompc.png (904 KB, 1276x712) Image search: [Google]
vlcashitalsompc.png
904 KB, 1276x712
Guys why are all my videos stuttering?

My CPU's at 29%. What's going on?
>>
>>53842971
Are you using Windows? One of the big drawbacks to Windows, especially Windows +NSA, is that it actually doesn't have support for video playback. That's why all videos of any format stutter on every Windows platform. I recommend installing gentoo.
>>
>>53842971
Look up CPU throttling. Could be you have a shitty Graphics Card.

>>53843066
Fuck off.
>>
>>53843195
Nah, this notebook's played perfectly for over a year. It's just in the last week that it's been struggling with any video.

The last thing I installed was Kapersky, couldn't be that could it?
>>
>>53842971
One thing that's interesting about this issue is that it's always caused by the exact same thing, regardless of operating system, hardware configuration, video player, codecs, hardware acceleration etc. Unfortunately I have to go to the store right now but I'll be back in a few minutes to explain what the issue is caused by and how to easily fix it. Just sit tight OP.
>>
>>53843328
Assuming you are using windows, take a picture of the task manager graph while it's doing the glitching. It'll give us a lot more data to work with.
>>
>>53842971
>VLC
>>
I'd say hard drive failing maybe, it can't keep up.
But that's a completely uneducated guess.

>>53843348
you're like the guy that tells me to search on forums and closes the post.
>>
>>53843328

>kaspersky (misspelled, even)

I've found your problem - you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>53843837
Sorry I had to feed my cat, I'll explain in one sec. It'll all be clear.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.