[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So whats the point of using an email client
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
If I can't protect my downloaded email?
If someone with access to my laptop will be able to read ALL my email and also to look for my stored passwords. He can destroy me.

And not, I'm not gonna encrypt my hard drive.
>>
>hey guys if someone opens my unlocked door they will have access to all my shit!

>and no, im not gonna lock my door
>>
>>53840452
Thanks to not encrypting my hard drive I was able to get all my data back when my laptop broke.
>>
PGP
>>
>>53840469
Imagine what anyone could have also done to your computer...

Can I have your password?
>>
>>53840413
how's that different from using gmail exactly?
>>
>>53840469
It's called making backups.
>>
>>53840413
>And not, I'm not gonna encrypt my hard drive.

Why not? It's easy as shit
>>
>>53840469
>Thanks to giving all my personal data to the botnet I was able to get my memories back when I lost my memories to mental retardation.
>>
>>53840413
best system, especially for work flow
>>
>>53840752
>fbi want access
>have to unencrypt anyway
>they have backdoors on both software and hardware levels
>they also have keyloggers and brute force that HAS cracked hard drives
>>
>>53840780
Sure, but the guy that just stole your laptop is shit out of luck.
>>
>>53840413
>Having a universal email management for your email provider accounts. So you don't have to use Google/Microsoft's email services to write, or filter your emails.

>Gaining the ability to send or read emails without needing to login into a website.

>Increased security against worms, ads,spam, phishing emails

>Encryption communication so that only the recipient gets the emails.
>>
>>53840413
>whats the point of using an email client
So that (you) and a certain agency can have a one stop access to all your emails :^)
>>
youre a dumbfuck
because: >>53840452
and you know you could have used another computer to decrypt your drive, or just replaced the laptop and reused the encrypted drive. of course not, because youre a dumbfuck.
>>
File: 1326680021001.jpg (66 KB, 446x597) Image search: [Google]
1326680021001.jpg
66 KB, 446x597
I don't understand what the big deal is with email. Can't you guys just use text on your phone or is it for work or something?

Sorry for retarded question but I'd really like to know what kind of stuff your sending that you worry about security so much
>>
>>53840469
Are you seriously this dumb, nigger?
You can decrypt your TC/VC drive ANYWHERE, not only in your dumb piece of shit laptop.
Fucking kill yourself bitch and get out.
>>
Convenience.
My mom, who has no clue about tech whatsoever, loves Thunderbird which I installed on her laptop 10 years ago.
Since she has multiple email accounts for private usage, work, hobby etc. Thunderbird saves her a lot of time.

Of course the average /g/ cs student with shit loads of time on his hand who fears the botnet has no use for such a client.
>>
>>53841114
nice try
>>
>>53841161
What am I trying? I'm just a dumb bricklayer but I feel like I'm missing something when I see these threads
>>
>>53841114
buisiness requires larger things than just a sentance, and often sends media or pdf documents. Speaking to patients/ clients via text also carries unprofessional ism
>>
File: 1458491189383.jpg (88 KB, 686x960) Image search: [Google]
1458491189383.jpg
88 KB, 686x960
>>53840999
Agree first 2

>Increased security against worms, ads,spam, phishing emails
maybe not, gmail's protection may be better than thunderbird's. Common sense beats both.

>Encryption communication so that only the recipient gets the emails.
nobody bothers doing that unless they're leaking nsa sekrets
>>
>>53841186
because bob and alice are having an affair
>>
>>53841136
>>53841062
Really? I was told that if for example I use veracrypt I can't only acces my hdd from my laptop.
Nice try trolls.
>>
Guys, do you think an email address with a new top level domain, like .onl, is reliable? Or do you think those new extensions will disappear again soon?
>>
>>53841277
literally what are you talking about

if you have a tld its fine?
>>
>>53841249
>using veracrypt
hands down you are a dumbfuck. consider using something else, like installing linux and using dmcrypt
>>
File: 123.png (19 KB, 569x485) Image search: [Google]
123.png
19 KB, 569x485
>>53841249
You're a dumb fuck.
Abandon this thread. OP is a stupid fucker from >>>/v/
>>
>>53841370
> whole disk encrypted
> laptop brokes and can't acces laptop
> oh shit, I can't format and reinstall windows coz of the whole disk encrytion
> buying a new hhd
>>
>>53841538
>do a fresh install
>restore from backup
>reencrypt
>>
>>53841558
Damn you're right. I was wrong all the time.
Sorry.
>>
>>53841538
you take out the hdd, connect it to the other machine and then decrypt it.
OR you connect an USB flash drive, boot to linux and there decrypt your drive (if laptop is not entirely fucked).
Also make backups you dumb slut.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.