[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>aoeuaoeu Ever since switching to the Dvorak layout for typing,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 22103670_7137111_15223282.jpg (61 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
22103670_7137111_15223282.jpg
61 KB, 540x405
>aoeuaoeu

Ever since switching to the Dvorak layout for typing, putting thoughts down into writing has never felt more natural - even so, it's easy to see why people would dismiss it in favor of QWERTY...
>keyboard shortcuts feel wrong
>programming is less natural, as the syntax in most languages is made to be easy for qwerty
>throws people off when you let them use your computer, then you have to explain your layout-switching shortcut

Though, if you're a novellist - or just someone who otherwise types a lot everyday - I don't see why you'd stick with QWERTY - a retarded layout made for antiquated, lever-based ink-stampers
>>
I've been looking at the Carpal X layouts, and Colemak before that. Haven't tried it though, can't be fucked
http://mkweb.bcgsc.ca/carpalx/?full_optimization
>>
>>53839828
true, that.
>http://mkweb.bcgsc.ca/carpalx/?dvorak
>However, the radical Dvorak layout is not necessary to enjoy a reduction of typing effort. By swapping 5 pairs of keys on QWERTY produces the QWKR** layouts which rival Dvorak's effort reduction.
>Some of the QWKR** layouts are even better than Dvorak.
>>
Why is the caps lock still in such a useful position?
Why don't they stuff it by pageup or something and put another backspace there?
>>
>>53841548
Caps lock was originally designed to function as the mod key in i3wm.
>>
>>53839752

From what I have read, the speed increase is negligable.

I have also been using qwerty forever. It just feels right.

It seems switching would cause more headaches than anything.
>>
>>53841661
The switch is for typing comfort, not speed.

>>53839752
>keyboard shortcuts feel wrong
You've already changed they layout, why not do as god intended and remap capslock to ctrl and ctrl+',. to ctrl+xcv ?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.