[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you still using outdated tech?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: buying flash drives.png (450 KB, 978x830) Image search: [Google]
buying flash drives.png
450 KB, 978x830
Why are you still using outdated tech?
>>
>>53836247
How much are shills paid to write this trash?
>>
>>53836247
I like accessing files even when I don't have internet
>>
Who the hell wants to store their files on someone else's computer?
>>
I don't want to entrust my private data to any third party computer network.
>>
>>53836259
>>53836261
To be fair its not complaint with standard practices for most people to use usb stix while at work.
>>
>>53836259
by the word
>>
>>53836305
>work is the only place where I do my computing
A lot of my usb's are just various linux distros formatted to boot to USB
>>
I work at a small company that does a lot of local file swapping, and I've made it literally as easy as possible, but the boss still forgets it exists and runs around with usb drives.
>>
>>53836305
why the fuck would storing it offsite be better in any way
Unless you're running everything off of a single clusterfuck of a folder. that isn't much better and uses bandwidth.
>>
>>53836247
1. Because I'm in Brazil
2. Because I'm poor
3. Because Debian stable works best with old hardware
>>
>trust some1 else with your data, goy :^)
Another cultural marxist ploy to abolish the concept of ownership.
>>
Those are Linux Sticks, I plug them in to install Linux.
>>
>>53836305
>its not complaint with standard practices for most people to use usb stix while at work
>standard practices

ISO 27001 doesn't even require that personal USB devices be excluded.
>>
Good point OP I'll just boot new OS from a floppy disk
>>
>>53836247
I need boot drives.
>>
>>53836247
Why are they touching? That's gay.
>>
File: bleach.gif (145 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
bleach.gif
145 KB, 500x282
>online storage
>>
This is true for most people. There's no reason to use a flash drive for small files when you can jus use e-mail or other online storage websites. They are GIVING storage away these days.

Then again, you could always e-mail yourself even when floppies were a thing.. I personally always used attachments even in the early 2000s.

i just sayt his because there are people buying 16 gigabyte flash drives so that they could access their fucking Word documents in school or work.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.