[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /g/ I need a bit of help. I know crap all about Apple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 61TdPWC9n8L._SL1200_.jpg (94 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
61TdPWC9n8L._SL1200_.jpg
94 KB, 1200x1200
Alright /g/ I need a bit of help. I know crap all about Apple stuff but my father just downloaded the 9.3.1 update for his iPad 2. Right after, he was prompted to put in his iTunes account info, something he had never actually made or been told to make.

He now can't access any features with it, or get the tablet to start at all. He's downloading a the recovery software on it, but he's getting really anxious about it since he has over five years of pictures on it, and almost all of it is family stuff. He never backed it up because it never prompted him to and the tablet itself has always worked perfectly fine until Apple sent out the update.

Everywhere he's gone to for help has more or less said the thing's a brick unless he factory resets it.

Like I said, I know crap all about Apple products, but is there any way to get the pictures off of it before it bricks?
>>
Nice try, Jamal. Give it back
>>
>>53833876
I thought I clicked on /g/, not /pol/.
>>
>>53833844
>has more or less said the thing's a brick unless he factory resets it
He isn't factory resetting shit if the device is iCloud locked.
>>
>>53834020
We have no idea if it is. It's an iPad 2 he's had for the past few years since back when it was first released, been updating fine up until now.
>>
>>53834064
There was a bug in iOS 9.3 that caused the lock on many older devices. Apple later pulled the update. Perhaps you can update to 9.3.1 using iTunes if that is not the current version on the device.
>>
>>53833844
Fixed it. Downloaded update manually from iTunes. Everything's alright on it.

Why the fuck was it crashing after an Apple released update?
>>
>>53834105
Exactly what he did.He tried plugging it in to pull pictures off it, it brought up iTunes and redid the installation.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.