[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can Apple outperform the rest of the industry without Steve Jobs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10
File: 1451696069609.jpg (78 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1451696069609.jpg
78 KB, 540x960
Can Apple outperform the rest of the industry without Steve Jobs?

If Tim Cook's Apple Watch is any indication, the answer is resounding "No".
>>
What do you mean by outperform?
>>
The 6 line of iphones is the most successful lines of iphones ever. I do get the feeling that the SE is being released to appease Steve Jobs ghost though.

They keep his office there unoccupied at HQ. Why you want that looming over you every day is something I don't get.
>>
File: AppleInputDeviceEvolution.jpg (146 KB, 1024x1026) Image search: [Google]
AppleInputDeviceEvolution.jpg
146 KB, 1024x1026
>>53828671
Computers weren't new when the Macintosh came out, but the Macintosh redefined how we use computers.

Digital music players weren't new when the iPod came out, but the iPod redefined how we use digital music players.

Touch screen smartphones weren't new when the iPhone came out, but the iPhone redefined how we use touch screen smartphones.

Smartwatches weren't new when the Apple Watch came out, and the Apple Watch didn't really outperform the competition to the degree that it redefined how we use smartwatches.
>>
>>53828784
>redefined how we use computers

Just because you and other mactoddlers couldn't wrap your tiny rat brains around devices with more than one button doesn't mean normal people couldn't.
>>
Steve Jobs was far from perfect, he thought consumers didn't want "big" phones, which according to him was bigger than 3.5/4" screens. During this period where Android phones had larger screens than iPhones Apple's sales were flat in a smartphone market that was expanding. Even iPhone users listed the same screen as one of their biggest complaints so it wasn't like people were buying iPhone for the small screen.

Steve was also against multiple different sized iPhones and having different sizes has proven successful.
>>
>$600 device that makes your $600 phone slightly more convenient to use
>not revolutionary
Are you high?
>>
File: sj.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
sj.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>53828651
apple isn't about technnology, is about normies pretending
million users = normies
You and the others should get out of /g, this board is for technology, read facebook in a different device is relevant only few days after the relase.
Apple future (grow) depends on marketing not technology, they can fail for 20 years is just too big
>>
>>53828784
>redefined

Is something really redefined if all you've done is associate it with a seductive lifestyle brand?

Example.

My dad saw those commercials and started going on about how it was the next big thing. Then when he finally got one he never used it, because he's bad with technology.

In other words he had the desire put into him by the advertising, but the reality was no harder or easier than anything else. You can't really tell the difference between truly user-oriented design and shiny packaging when you grew up knowing how to use everything instinctively.
>>
>>53829114
>being so stupid you can't use iOS
>>
>>53828751
It may have been released for China's sake, as there were at least 3.4M pre-orders for it there. In any case, they're going to make billions of pure profit on the SE, because it cost next to nothing to develop.

>>53828874
Back when the Mac was released, people were having a hard enough time wrapping their heads around computing in general, never mind the GUI or the mouse. Even today, most people don't get the idea of "right click," so unfortunately, dumbing down UIs to toddler level is the way to go if you want mass market appeal.
>>
>>53829114
Your dad is more useless than a three year old and your genes are total garbage. Kill him and then yourself.
>>
Did "don't ask don't tell" respect my freedums?
>>
>>53829323
yet today the Mac has the most sophisticated and surprisingly well-working UI in the industry today, if you use one of Apple's trackpads.
>>
>>53828651
aww man, if I had a boyfriend and he had asked me to marry him in an apple store, I'd break up with him immediately, handsome face, military uniform be damned.

Though, I find it unlikely i'd ever step foot into one of those shops in the first place or date someone who uses apple products.
>>
/r/apple or arstechnica faggot
>>
>>53829799
As a veteran, this pisses me off to no end because he's viewed as a god damn war hero by some people just for wearing that uniform, but to a trained eye you can see that he's an e1 meaning he's been in for less than a year and he's never deployed.
>>
>>53830908
Yep, that faggot will quit before he has to do any real war fighting.
>>
>>53830908
>>53830923
nice samefagging
>>
File: disgust.jpg (11 KB, 140x128) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
11 KB, 140x128
>>53828651
>>
>>53828651

i know that this is copy pasta, but...

>If Tim Cook's Apple Watch is any indication, the answer is resounding "No".

the apple watch has taken around 70% market share... and this is before the price drop.
>>
No. If Steve was alive, he would reject the pigdisgusting flat design on iOS and other disasters like Apple Watch, ipad pro and iphone smart battery case.
>>
>>53828874
you can't deny that they are part of the reason why most people have a computer in their home today
>>
>>53831748
IBM is the reason everyone has a computer in their home today. Macs were overpriced useless piles of shit, just like like they are today.
>>
File: CeV8MryWIAAG3BI.jpg (38 KB, 600x421) Image search: [Google]
CeV8MryWIAAG3BI.jpg
38 KB, 600x421
>iFag
>>
>>53831582

he'd probably find someone to bust out the old writing recognition from the newton and get it into iOS.
>>
>>53830923
>>53830908
Forgot to remove your name retard.
>>
File: 1437268077891.jpg (249 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
1437268077891.jpg
249 KB, 1024x732
>>53832104
people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones
>>
>>53830908
>>53830923

Typical /pol/ack spreading bullshit and samefagging.

Veteran my fucking ass.
>>
File: average-macfag.jpg (725 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
average-macfag.jpg
725 KB, 2048x1536
>>53831748
kek
>>
>>53832790
>Anonymoos
kek
>>
File: kecklogo.png (4 KB, 220x161) Image search: [Google]
kecklogo.png
4 KB, 220x161
>>53832790
>>
File: beforeandafteriphone.jpg (57 KB, 700x284) Image search: [Google]
beforeandafteriphone.jpg
57 KB, 700x284
>>53829114
>all you've done is associate it with a seductive lifestyle brand

No, Apple deserves credit for bringing several key innovations to the market. It's a high-profile brand because of this innovation.
>>
>>53833097
You're confusing innovation with "stealing everyone else's ideas and putting them together"

You're AIDs, please kill yourself
>>
iPhone = best phone by far

iPad = best tablet by far

MacBook = best notebook by far

Apple revenue & profit = biggest in the industry by far

hmmm... can they?
>>
>>53834324

and yet only apple did, how come no one else did fag?
>>
>>53828784
and all for the worst, aside from the first mac PCs. maybe the first gen ipod with it's storage capacity, but someone could have just been mildy intelligent and released a multi SD card MP3 player
>>
>>53828784
The Amiga refined how we use computers
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.