[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Standing desks /g/ Meme or no?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
File: standnig.jpg (48 KB, 560x499) Image search: [Google]
standnig.jpg
48 KB, 560x499
Standing desks /g/
Meme or no?
>>
the memest
>>
>>53827908
not a meme, but they're pretty overpriced.
>>
>>53827944
but muh spine guys
>>
very bad for posture.
>>
I had one at work that you could alternate between standing and sitting. Eventually just ended up sitting the whole time. You feel more productive standing I feel like but you need a yoga mat beneath your feet.
>>
Super meme. Wtf is comfortable about standing? I guess if you're 70+ and prone to blood clots.
>>
>>53827908
All staff at LinusTechTips have standing desks function but they barely use it and always sit instead but they do seem like gimmick at most.
>>
>>53828018
It's more about desk height adjustment for them, which is still a pretty neat reason to get one imo.
>>
>>53828059
Very true if only they are not cost so much I might suggest getting one.
>>
It's pretty awkward to use at home. You need a certain mat under your feet, and need to be wearing shoes all the time. Proper shoes that support your feet. Additionally, you need to take sitting breaks because standing too much (like sitting too much) also hurts your body.

At work it's a different story, but you pretty much have to pack proper comfy shoes that look awful if you don't want to actually walk around with hideous supports.

So basically, right now it's memeworthy. Too expensive, takes too much to continue to use it. Just spend half that standing desk money on a proper chair. Goes a LONG way.
>>
>>53828095
I bet you have never even try one, don't knock until you try.
>>
>>53828123
I use one at home nigger
>>
They are meme. Leaning is the thing now.
>>
I have one and it sucks I use a barstool 90% of the time.

>>53828123
Idk why that guy is saying there too expensive but he's right about some of that stuff

An adjustable/motorized desk on the other hand...I could fuck with that
>>
>>53828163
Don't be saying racist thing.

>>53828190
Maybe make one be cheaper but time consume but having motor and button control way cooler.
>>
Id stand on her desk
>>
I stacked some crates I bought at Walmart for $5 each on my desk to make a shitty standing desk. I've gone from sitting for ten hours a day to doing air squats and shit while I'm waiting for my code to compile.

Buying standing desks is meme worthy but just making one on your own is fine. I feel much better anyway.
>>
>>53827908
Major meme.

Bought a standing desk, used it a couple times and then went back to sitting.

There's a reason why sitting is so great - it uses way less energy than standing.

If you want to stand up, just get out of the chair and go for a walk or do some stretches, then go back to sitting.
>>
>STAND desks

pls no
>>
I own one of those ikea Bekant desks that can go between seated and standing, and admittedly, while it mostly sits in the low position, I do raise it up if I've got a long day at my desk. The option is nice.
>>
>>53828467
Even desks cannot resist Dio's charm
>>
>>53827908
sitting and standing is a meme. you have to take frequent and long breaks, that's no meme. end of story
>>
>>53828123
Someone told me that about anal sex, fuck you
>it's tighter
what else is tighter you closet pedo
>implying you're not smaller

inb4 unpopular opinion
>>
>not working in the prone position
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (2 MB, 6371x2886) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
2 MB, 6371x2886
>>53827975
>I had one at work that you could alternate between standing and sitting. Eventually just ended up sitting the whole time
Same experience here. My boss was the only one using it and even he only used the standing function once per week maybe just for the heck of it.

It's much more important to have a height adjustable desk, so you get the perfect height while sitting, but for this you don't need electric motors.
>>
>>53829219
btw. I don't recommend this desk at all because the thing in the middle is annoying as fuck.
>>
>>53828868
This.

It doesn't matter if you sit or stand, both are shit for prolonged periods of time.

The most natural ways to spend extended periods of time are walking and laying down.
>>
>>53827970
Explain
>>
>>53827908
wow man

this is an entirely new level of cancer
>>
I went to college so I could get a job that wouldn't require me to stand all the fucking time.

The fact that some employers are mandating this shit is infuriating.
>>
>>53830299
Sitting for hours and hours is just plain simple healthy, you know, mankind has been practically sitting on their arse ever since they got down from the trees.

Standing for hours can cause heart issues and bloodclotting, not forgetting other health problems.
>>
>>53827908
I believe the real question is who invented the tree?
>>
I could never imagine buying one. I already stand 10 hours a day at work.
>>
File: 1430019819456.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1430019819456.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>53828438
gets it
>>
File: Fuck these things.jpg (224 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Fuck these things.jpg
224 KB, 1200x1600
>>53827908
fuck standing desk, we have 700 of these at work, brand new NOBODY uses them more than once.

The hight adjustability is nice but we could do this with our old ones too, just manually.

The worst is that we had to run through cabels those fuckers so that you could adjust the height without ripping everything out the pc or the wall.
It was such a shitty work.
>>
>>53830474

This doesn't sound right to me, but I don't know enough about circulation to dispute it
>>
>he doesn't work while standing on a yoga ball
breh..
>>
>>53827908
Google standing up for hours + varicose veins.
Thank me later.
>>
>>53827908
Total meme. Just go for a walk you goddamn addict.
>>
>>53830962
He's trolling. It literally is the opposite.
>>
>>53827908

I sit behind a sexy 20 year business intern at my job, and she wears those form fitting business suits with high heels.

Anyway she just switched over to a standing desk, and my so experience so far as been 10/10, A+, would recommend.
>>
>man invents chair
>sits so much he gets clots in legs
>man invents standing desk
>stands so much he gets clots in legs
Either do a third world squat all the time or just walk more.
>>
I use a standing desk at work. 10/10 back pain is gone would recommend again.

Half of my desk is normal height so I sit down every hour or so for a bit to relax.
>>
>>53827908
FUCKING STUPID
>>
>>53829254
You mean the thing connecting legs? It's there to make your desk stable. I have very similar office type desk but mine has connecting part just under the desk. It's very nice because you don;t kick it with legs but at the same time desk itself slightly wiggles to the left/right if you grab it and try to move it. Obviously during normal work it doesn't happen but just shows that stability is not perfect. Your desk is probably 100% stable thanks to the big ass connector part.
>>
>>53827908
Meme
>>
Standing desks is just glorifying being a cashier. Is that what you are? A lowly employee of the status of a cashier? Cause I can tell you right now, cashiers don't like standing for 8 hours during a workday.
>>
>>53833310
enjoy your varicose veins
treadmill desks are fine but standing desks are stupid as fuck
human biology assumes that when you're standing that you'll actually be moving around. Blood in your veins is supplementarily pumped by your muscles, and when you're standing, that's too much pressure for your vein's valves to handle.
>>
>>53833583
>implying I don't dance at my desk
>>
>Standing desks

Fuck off even cashiers get to sit down. If I wanted exercise I'd run to work.
>>
>>53827968
but muh knees
>>
So if I'm reading things right. You either fuck your back from sitting all day or fuck up your legs from standing all day?
>>
File: 45341187.jpg (28 KB, 440x290) Image search: [Google]
45341187.jpg
28 KB, 440x290
>>53827908
No need to start my own thread then.

What does everyone think of varidesk? It can sit on my desk and go back and forth.
>>
>>53834204
Sitting is worse than standing but the point is, try to move every once and now, no matter how you spend your time. Say, at least every half an hour.
>>
>>53827908
When I worked at Home Depot's corporate headquarters they had power adjustable desks. You could press a button and the desktop and monitor platform both would move so you could use them in standing desk or sitting desk modes. I spent most of my day sitting but would change into standing mode a couple of times per day. It was a nice option.
>>
>>53834204
You know how people act contrarian for fun?
>>
>>53833171
based
>>
File: 2105.jpg (179 KB, 640x1218) Image search: [Google]
2105.jpg
179 KB, 640x1218
>>53827908
ID on this semen demon?
also, surprised no one has posted this yet
>>
>>53827908
I use one at work, about half the day I stand, half I sit. I feel more tired at the end of the day, which helps me get to sleep. Hasn't done shit for back pain.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.