[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did windows 10 really end up being as dangerous as people were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: well.jpg (3 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
well.jpg
3 KB, 300x168
Did windows 10 really end up being as dangerous as people were making out it was gonna be? For like pirating shit and stuff and spying?

Or was it all bullshit?
>>
I haven't had any problems with pirating.
The spying is really sketchy though; when you install it they go through a big list of "do you want microsoft to IMPROVE your EXPERIENCE bysendinginformationtomicrosoftservers"
You can select "no" but who knows if it really means anything>>53817975
>>
>>53818002
That's sketchy af.

I got a new computer and it already came with windows 10 so I'm a bit sketchy on it.
>>
It's only gonna hurt i you bring ebough attention to yourselves to attract the FBI. Once they're after you then every single thing you did will be turned over to them by ms and google.
>>
>>53817975
Never had any problems with it, almost 80% of stuff on my PC is pirated, even got some questionable pics/videos on here and everything is the same since W10's technical preview.
>>
>>53817975
Philip Li-ve and never come back.
>>
>>53817975

>dangerous

installed windows 10 pro from a windows 7 unactivated pirate deition to avoid the deactivating 30 days bullshit

its now April and still running
>>
>>53819158
>avoiding activating windows 7
>not being resourceful enough to neutralize that problem
>bending over even further for M$

I've heard of faggots like you,
but I never thought they existed.
>>
big surprise here, turning off telemetry on windows 10 enterprise does not actually turn it off
The services will remain active despite what setting you put in group policy. The only thing the turn off feature does is block SYSTEM access of AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl
So you still have to manually disable (and delete if you want to take risks) the following services:
Diagtrack
dmwappushsvc
DPS (Diagnostic Policy Service)
>>
>>53817975
>For like pirating shit and stuff and spying?
pirating stuff is fine. I mean they'll have all that info but it's unlikely they'd ever do anything about it. Applications can be remotely uninstalled without prompt (see: Speccy incident).

As for the telemetry, there's a lot of it and it's baked into system services and applications. It can't be turned off completely.

Whether or not it's really spying vs just telemetry, who knows. It's a closed source OS, and at the very least there's a TON of info about your hardware, software, key presses, etc, out on a server in the cloud somewhere probably managed by a 3rd party. Microsoft has been known to collab with law enforcement in the past and they're part of PRISM.

This alone makes it not worth the risk imo, ignoring all the other horrible issues with W10.
>>
>>53819699
Microsoft has a big problem with getting Enterprise onto Win10.

They don't seem to realise that the spying shit is too much.

We're on 7, but just the other day Word offered to send a list of 'unknown' words (which happen to be highly confidential strings of information we put into Word documents) through to some Microsoft dictionary farm.

God only knows what else is being exfiltrated without our knowledge.
>>
>>53819158
I downloaded windows 10 enterprise iso from kat after official release, installed it ... used KMspico, ran the.ps script that was posted here, no problems since then, no re-installs, no slowdowns.
>>
>>53817975
kek even trackers are blocking wangblows 10 users. Kill yourself
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.