[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spotify or Pandora?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: Spotify Pandora.jpg (38 KB, 569x345) Image search: [Google]
Spotify Pandora.jpg
38 KB, 569x345
Streaming music has grown bigger than downloads- if Spotify and Pandora were your only streaming options, which would you choose and why? Because Pandora isn't available in most countries, mention the country you live in.

I prefer Pandora because I can train it to play stations that work well for me. Spotify is good for shorter playlists that I select, but I like the utility of turning to a station and not knowing what's coming next but having it fit my mood. I also think there are more possibilities for Pandora to add value to my music experience in the future (using data to get me new music or relevant concert tickets). I'm in the U.S.
>>
>>53817847
Pandora has like 3 songs. You'd be an idiot to use it over Spotify.

>can't afford $5/m if student or $10/m if non-student
You have bigger problems to worry about.
>>
File: 1132039124.png (718 B, 33x57) Image search: [Google]
1132039124.png
718 B, 33x57
Don't know about Pandora but I like how Spotify notifies me when the artists I follow release new material. But I agree, the radio feature of Spotify needs more work.
>>
Apple Music for me due Siri integration on CarPlay.

But if I had to only choose between those two, Spotify hands down, you had to be retarded to pick Pandora, although they are in talks to bring an on demand service like Spotify and Apple Music.
>>
Spotify's collection is 1000% larger than what.cd's. yeah spotify ftw
>>
Pandora doesn't have
https://play.spotify.com/artist/2dTxfVqA191xsYmMl7Yjxv
>>
>>53817867
Yea Spotify has like 20x's more songs than Pandora- but Pandora acquired Rdio and I think with it comes the capacity to build out an "on demand" offering like Spotify and significantly expand their library
>>
pandora because pianobar.
>>
>>53817847
I prefer Pandora because they got miku and other japanese music on it.
>>
>>53817942
>Spotify's collection is 1000% larger than what.cd's
lmao spotify has fucking nothing, only mainstream shit
>>
Just use Bandcamp
>>
>>53818084
/thread
>>
>>53817847
>visiting sites smeared with shitty pop culture music

Pls leave the sekrit klub. nao.
>>
>>53818941

Lol, who wants shit that nobody knows?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-02-01-24-27.png (311 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-02-01-24-27.png
311 KB, 720x1280
>>53818941
Right, except that's totally false, Spotify and Google music both have my cousin's band from Ohio, which is not at all a huge band
>>
Google play music
>>
>>53819792
I wouldn't be surprised if they shut it down soon.
>>
Tidal until Spotify supports lossless streaming
>>
I download (or rip) amd listen to full albums because I'm not a fucking peasant who streams music from his smartphone.
>>
>>53817847
>>2016
>>not using tidal
>>
I live in England where there's no Pandora. I personally use just the free version of spotify, I just use it for background music and I don't really care about the ads. I've tried Pandora with a proxy, didn't have any of the songs I listen to
>>
>>53820759
Protip: you can get rid of the ads for free if you use the browser interface play.spotify.com and have adblocker enabled
>>
Apple Music
>>
>>53820896
>>53820896
>>53820759
or just block the ip from your hosts file.
>>
>>53817847
Dezeer. Honestly, their music discovery is superb
>>
>>53817847
Spotify: music on demand ( you can make your own playlists)

Pandora: better radio

Also both free because fuck you
>>
File: netease.jpg (13 KB, 470x246) Image search: [Google]
netease.jpg
13 KB, 470x246
I prefer the chinese botnet Netease Cloud Music because they provide downloads of 320 kbit/s MP3s unlike Spotify, Pandora and all the other music streaming providers
>>
>>53821310
They provide that quality for free? Cause afaik Spotify and Dezeer provide it HQ, but only if you are subscribed
>>
Any good music streaming service using html5?
>>
>>53821362
Probably all of them. Doubt any modern service has a 10 year oudated service
>>
>>53821339
Just checked. Dezeer ever has CD Quality (1,411 kbit/s; 16/44.1 kHz), for a slightly higher subscription fee. That would surely blow audiophiles knickers off
>>
I can use a hacked Pandora One apk to get commercial free music, Spotify I cannot.

Also, I don't listen to any streaming service that shoves THE SAME THREE FUCKING COMMERCIALS DOWN MY EARHOLES BETWEEN ABOUT 4 FUCKING TRACKS.

Then again, EZBlocker works adequately for Spotify.
>>
>>53821339
they used to provide it through their web interface for everyone.
then the american music mafia got mad and got them to ip block everyone outside of mainland china.
you can still download music for free using their desktop client however a lot of mainstream music got removed.
I blame fucking indians making shitloads of youtube videos about it telling every fucking normie out there how it works.
used to be great a couple of years ago.
>>
>>53821427
This so much. I used to listen to DI.fm all the time, before they started pushing the same couple shitty commercials every few songs.

Electronica used to be about the love of music and sharing thereof, now it's all about the ad revenue.
>>
>>53821481
>Electronica used to be about the love of music and sharing thereof, now it's all about the ad revenue.
That was probably because people used to buy their music.
>>
>>53817847
You can download DRM-free lossless music from the Internet in albums. Streaming services are for normies who don't know better.
>>
>>53821496
A lot of DJs would post their music on their own websites FOR FREE, and it was actually better than the drivel being pushed out these days.

>>53821532
Streaming services are a good way to listen for some music you might like enough to
>>
>>53821393
I know spotify doesn't which is a shame
>>
>>53821574
Artists who care about music use Soundcloud. No shit there's only commercial artists in commercial platforms.

Also you can stream torrents.
>>
>>53821756
Too bad Soundcloud is closing down this year.
>>
>>53822148
Closing? Then why would they start their premium service then?
>>
>>53817847
Fuck this streaming cancer, not owning your music and even paying for it is fucking retarded.

If I had to use one of the mentioned above, I'd pick Spotify obviously, what the fuck is Pandora?

Yuropoor here.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.