[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We pretend we're Stack Overflow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 1458850133185.jpg (246 KB, 1017x873) Image search: [Google]
1458850133185.jpg
246 KB, 1017x873
ITT: We pretend we're Stack Overflow
>>
*deletes your post*
>>
Works for me lol
>>
>>53814111
Edit: Forgot a period
>>
>>53814141

i once wrote "thanks" at the bottom of my post, 5 seconds later some faggot edits it and removes my "thanks" because apparently it's against the rules of SO. not even kidding
>>
>>53814163
marked as duplicate by Pajeet, Rajesh and Sandeep
>>
File: jew_basic.jpg (38 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
jew_basic.jpg
38 KB, 600x600
Mfw /g/ isnt imaginative enough for this thread
>>
Hello guys, my code isn't working:

#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
printf("Hello world!\n");
return 0;
}

I put this into a file called program.exe and double clicked it but it did not work. What am I doing wrong?
>>
You can do that with jquery
>>
File: Jquery.gif (60 KB, 1024x874) Image search: [Google]
Jquery.gif
60 KB, 1024x874
JQUERY INTENSIFIES
>>
>>53814356
You need to load it on the Command Prompt to see the output.
If you only execute as a normal file aka double clicking on it it'll popout and close almost instantaneously.
>>
>>53814437
Here is the download link for the jQuery basic arithmetic plugin if anyone was searching: https://github.com/baphomet-berlin/jQuery-basic-arithmetic-plugin

Happy adding!
>>
>>53814356
@Sherman you need to first acquire a compiler that is compatible with your computer and operating system, and run your program through that. Simply labelling your source code "program.exe" does not make ot an executable program. Rather, a compiler or translater are required as an intermediate layer in your executing stack, so that your machine can "read" the lines of code that you have written.
>>
>>53814522
@Cathy thanks for your quick reply! However, I am not sure where to find a compiler. Is Internet Explorer one of those?
>>
>>53814356
@Joseph is also correct. You must do both these things in order for your program to work
>>
>>53814111
Duplicate question. Requesting removal from the IRC overlords.
>>
>>53814403
+1 for referencing a framework
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 397x419) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 397x419
>>53814111
Stack overflow is pretty good for very specific questions, helped me a lot in many occasions.
>>
>>53814607
Only sometimes though
>>
>>53814543
Internet explorer is a web browser that allows you to find websites hosted on servers aroun the world. A simple compiler to use would be the gcc compiler, which you can find rather easily online. Simply execute the gcc compiler through command prompt using the correct arguments, and you will have a resulting compiled file that is an executable program made from the source code that you wrote
>>
>>53814437
Well... I know what site I would never visit for coding help.
>>
>>53814543
>>53814641
Edit: @Vincent
>>
>>53814437
So goddamn accurate, I've had very similar things happen to me
>>
>>53814641
-1 (too hard)
>>
>>53814641
@Tammy I downloaded a file called "gcc.exe.cnet.downloader.exe" from cnet.com (I think that's a trusted website, right?) and I think I now have the gcc compiler on my computer but there are fifteen or sixteen new icons on my desktop. Is that normal when downloading the gcc compiler?
>>
>>53814723
yes that's normal, just install Wndows Police Anti-Virus to clean all the new icons, I think you can find it on Cnet as well.
>>
>>53814723
@Bruce It is common courtesy here to accept previous answers before requesting new ones
>>
>>53814111
Never mind, I fixed it.
>>
>>53815770

(answers your question anyway)
>>
File: barrett.jpg (27 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
barrett.jpg
27 KB, 600x400
>>53814356
@Sherman @Cathy I have been reading this question with some interest as it is relevant to my current situation. Might I add that there are in fact TWO compilers for Linux systems: GCC (traditional) and Clang (new). However, I don't know anything about the differences between these two choices and would appreciate your help in selecting the best one (assuming Sherman is on a Linux system or has Windows 10 with Ubuntu installed).
>>
>>53814111
>it's simple just download npm and install all this nodejs bullshit and your problems are solved until a nodejs dev throws a bitchfit and removes their 4 line package from the repo breaking all the packages that depend on it. Why use actual misogynistic white het cis javascript when you can use lgbtqsjw nodejs
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.