[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
about to pull the trigger, I'm doing right ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
about to pull the trigger, I'm doing right ?
>>
You can't afford enough to upgrade to a 280?
>>
>>53813744
Why are you even bothering with a 950? You're obviously not going to play with that rig, so the embedded Intel chipset should be enough.
>>
>>53813773
Not really, just 620 in my balance and I live in CA so I'll have to pay 45.32 in taxes (Grand total 611)
>>
get a fucking 380x and fx-8350 nvidiot

60fps for days
>>
>>53813744
You're doing it right if you plan on not playing games
>>
>>53813798
Nope, I'll do just light rendering in CAD and revit
>>
>>53813803
Honestly I would just stick with integrated until you can get a better card then. Nothing wrong with buying it later
>>
>>53813818
too old socket
>>
>>53813837
Did u think this will be better card ?
http://www.amazon.com/XFX-DISSIPATION-DISPLAYPORT-Graphics-R9-380P-F22M/dp/B00ZFNDRFC?ie=UTF8&keywords=r9%20380&qid=1459548876&ref_=sr_1_3&s=pc&sr=1-3
>>
>>53813830
Clark, listen to Brittany >>53813837
>>
>>53813852
>>
>>53813744
Honestly, when I saw the GPU I was thinking "well this is going to be a disaster" but then the entire rest of the build is fantastic. You're spending too much on the motherboard (ignore flashy red, just get the cheapest h110 motherboard from a trusted brand that supports DDR4) but every other decision is excellent. SS12II is a great PSU, single stick DDR4 is great in h110 as DDR4 is fast enough bandwidth for single channel not to matter and leaves a slot open for expansion, i5-6500 is much faster over 6400 and worth the extra $10 for the huge clock speed bump, and you didn't waste money on things like a $100 case or aftermarket CPU cooler for your locked CPU.

There are R9 380 GPUs out there for $150 after rebate. You paying $150 for a GTX 950 is a travesty. It's the only downfall of the build, but since GPUs get replaced sooner than any other component, it's the least impactful mistake to make in the long run.
>>
>>53813818
Holy fuck that's dumb. FX-8350 would be more expensive than this due to the expensive 990FX motherboard with decent VRMs and even a cheap cooler like a 212 Evo. Also, it loses in gaming and other thread-limited tasks. I really doubt OP is going to be rendering video so it's a lose-lose. More expensive for less performance.
>>
If you live near a microcenter don't buy the cpu for that much. Fry's price matches too.

Use the extra money to buy a gpu that can play league of legends on low.

also isn't single stick ram bad?
>>
>>53815306
It's DDR4. Single channel memory is still faster than even dual channel DDR3-1600 which is what the vast majority of people use. Single stick also leaves room for expansion on even h110 motherboard which only has 2 dimms. It's a great way to save money with no relevant drawback.

The 950 isn't THAT bad a GPU, but yeah. Something like an R9 380 is only a tiny bit more expensive for a huge performance bump. Kinda stupid not to go for it.
>>
>>53815265
>FX-8350 would be more expensive than this due to the expensive 990FX motherboard with decent VRMs and even a cheap cooler like a 212 Evo
retards actually believe this
>>
>>53815352
Cheapest FX-8350 platform:
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Pj368d

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($159.89 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.29 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($85.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $270.07

OP's Intel i5 platform with a non-gaymur motherboard:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HBtjFT

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($194.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($41.38 @ Newegg)
Total: $236.37

And that's with a 970 chipset motherboard, albeit one with 8 phase VRMs. The FX-8350 is more expensive AND worse, even when including overclocking. Hell, even without the 212 Evo it's still more expensive, but that's really dumb to get an overclockable CPU and not pay the $25 to get a large performance gain. Again, even with that performance gain, the i5-6500 still wins in performance. The FX-8350 just has shit architecture. Wait for Zen before you shill AMD again. Also keep in mind I'm the one recommending an AMD GPU. Just quit being an idiot and stop digging.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.