[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking to get a remote for my PC, hoping you guys can help.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: express-key-remote-g[1].jpg (19 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
express-key-remote-g[1].jpg
19 KB, 480x320
Looking to get a remote for my PC, hoping you guys can help.

Ideally I'd like something cheapish, with 8-12 mappable buttons that works over usb or bluetooth. A scroll wheel or click wheel would be great too.

Something like the Wacom Express Key Remote pictured.

Any ideas?
>>
I was also considering getting something like this, but I don't know if they can pair with a pc and I don't know how I could remap the buttons or possibly the joystick.

Seem like it might be viable?
>>
File: 920_002338_4-500x500[1].png (979 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
920_002338_4-500x500[1].png
979 KB, 500x500
And my other avenue of thought would be a wireless numpad, and I could try to custom map the keys, but I want to use it for photoshop and I like using the number keys to control opacity, I'd rather not change that.

Is there any way to bind numpad numbers separately from main keyboard numbers?
>>
>>53798500
google "autohotkey second keyboard" for a bunch of results. I've been thinking about it but haven't tried it yet. I want to do the same thing - use an extra numpad as a hotkey pad
>>
Taran from LinusTechTips uses a whole keyboard, and has a video on how he did it on vessel. Will be on YouTube in a week, or find it on /r/vesselrips
>>
Here is a rip:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6GX1E0KXmoLdHo0QXgwWFJfZkk/view
>>
Original link: https://www.vessel.com/videos/foD6_zq28?tab=details
>>
>>53799254
thanks dude. Not OP but that looks like what I was going to end up with - LuaMacros and AHK. Now it's already done for me!
>>
>>53798458
This would probably work with GlovePie. I set up a ps3 controller with GlovePie when my RSI was really bad, I mapped the buttons and joystick to keyboard and mouse buttons. But the fgt who wrote glovepie got his site hacked and never release source so the site is unsafe to download from. You'd have to get it from a 3rd party download site
>>
File: photo2.jpg (38 KB, 599x463) Image search: [Google]
photo2.jpg
38 KB, 599x463
>>53798432
ATI remote wonder is still out there for pretty cheap on the used market, and has great Linux support.. A ton of buttons and uses a relatively low-frequency RF signal so it has a ridiculously-long range.
>>
>>53798500
http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-a-powerful-programmable-keypad-for-less-tha/
>>
I thought about getting a remote, but found app Unified Remote for Android, (free) and have used to great success, i always have my phone on me anyway.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.