[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I use a program like Photoshop or Cinema4d on a noncommercial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1395690729425.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1395690729425.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
If I use a program like Photoshop or Cinema4d on a noncommercial license, how will they know, if I do sell the stuff I create?
I hope that's the right board for that question, I dont think /gd knows the tech side about this
>>
bumping
pls tell me if that's the wrong board, i will delete
>>
Bump again
>>
>>53790754
I really don't know about cinema 4d but about photoshop I know there is a method to see if you used it to manipulate an image and then check if you bought their license. Usually they don't check small fhishes so you'll probably be ok.

also don't steal programs you fucking nigger
>>
>>53791973
I didnt steal either of those Programs, I'm a graphics design student and use student licenses. I got a comission last week tho and was wondering
>>
>>53791000
you can't delete threads broski
>>
>>53792035
Oh. then maybe it helps that I would do that for you
>>
>>53790754
watermarking in some of the file outputs
>>
>>53792008

Please provide your name, surname and address, a van will come to help you ASAP
>>
>>53792065
okay, so are they actively seraching for people who sell stuff that have noncommercial watermarks in them?
>>
>>53792099
that's convenient I'm thinking about buying a van
>>
they have a tiny bit-shifted gaussian that embeds your IP address in the image, as well as ' unlicensed version '

if you look closely at the images you save, you'll see that with a hex editor, some of the RGB values are off, that when plotted as a markov chain, shows this

oh wait i'm thinking of HP laser printers
>>
People you contract with might make you prove you own the licenses for the software you use.
>>
>>53792329
well shit, I've never heard of that though
>>
follow-up question:
what if you just open the jpeg you saved from you nonlicense version in a licenced photoshop and save from there?
>>
>>53792240
probably not, I remember hearing something about torrents of cracked software containing a watermark so that there was a way to tell it was compromised software but I couldn't begin to give you a reference for that, I don't even remember the software type
>>
As a legitimate user of both 3d, 2d, and audio recording software I would suggest just using the "free" copies available online. You would not believe the licensing hoops I need to jump through just to get the shit working.
>>
>>53792936
I'm allready using student licenses, since I'm a student. But do you have to proove to clients that you have licenses?
>>
A. keep using your pirated version!

B. really are you asking about jpeg?

C-if you're really paranoid, open the jpeg with an hex editor and look if it has any info on the pirated photshit, if so, delete appropriately and done.
>>
>>53793027
I wouldn't worry about it. Nobody ever asks
>>
>>53793095
okay thanks!
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.