[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ think of Eli? Have any of his videos actually helped?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: eli the faggot guy.png (1 MB, 1509x921) Image search: [Google]
eli the faggot guy.png
1 MB, 1509x921
What does /g/ think of Eli? Have any of his videos actually helped? In what way?

Personally, this guy seems like a burn out to me, but I've only watched 2 of his intro videos, & they are LENGTHY so I wanted to get /g/'s opinion.

It seems that his videos would be very helpful if you want to SOUND professional, but they lack technical detail (so far).

Also, in his earlier vids he seems really excited and making jokes, but in the later vids, he seems angry.

What does /g/ think? Has he helped in any way?
>>
>>53789784

He's a simple IT guy who thinks he knows everything about computers ever.
>>
he's kind of narcissistic
>>
>>53789800
See that's the thing. He's so good at sounding professional, that the only thing I feel I can gain from him is how to SOUND professional, but not how to actually do shit.
>>
Isn't he trying to do a travel channel now? He drives around in some mini rv or some thing to different rv parks.
>>
>>53789857
on a new chanel?
>>
>>53789910
Yeah. "Failed normal"
>>
I like his advice that 30yo is not too old to begin working at IT (doing entry level jobs)

feel old already
>>
he is cool, and does know stuff.

good place to learn stuff about active directory
>>
From all that I've seen from him (admittedly, not that much) it just seems like he sucked cock at real work and now tries to earn a living by shilling shit products to not even entry-level IT "professionals"

MEH.
>>
>>53790088
damn this guy rambles
>>
>>53790088
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv1PnpYnri4

I like the metaphor in the first 2 mins hits so close to him
>>
>>53789857
>>53790088

He was on a road trip for months that is over.

>>53789784
Hes alright. I find any video on something doesnt work beyond breaking the ice. Text just works better for learning.
>>
>>53789784
I won't deny the man's very intelligent. He definitely knows his shit.

However, he rambles and repeats himself way, way too much.

Once in a great while I will watch one of his videos, then remember why I haven't watched one in such a long time, then not watch any for a great while again.

Also, he can be an asshole. And his reasoning for being an asshole (that it's the norm and expected for the IT industry) is just tiresome. You don't have to be an asshole just for the sake of being an asshole and "fitting in."

If you want to watch one of his videos you have to really, really be interested in the topic.
>>
>>53790631
I also don't like the way he rambles & repeats himself. I thnk that he tries to do the videos on the spot with minmal preparation, so he just tries to keep talking and fills it in with shit he repeated. I told myself, maybe he does this so that people can understand, but he does it way too much. I like his conclusions at the end of the videos though
>>
He offers good advice to those who are young and don't have an idea of what they're doing. Comes off as curt but tough love is what these kids need.
>>
>>53791566
I like the way you put it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.