[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why use anything other than C++?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: logo-sun.jpg (20 KB, 360x193) Image search: [Google]
logo-sun.jpg
20 KB, 360x193
Why use anything other than C++?
>>
Because C++ is an archaic, shit language that's only kept alive due to massive, legacy code bases.

There's very little reason to use it over Java.
>>
>>53788043
You disagree with me therefore shill
>>
C++ / Python master race
>>
>>53788043
That's not really a valid point, it would've been if C++ was the same since 90's but it isn't.

It's more updated than other languages and still used in absolutely every field.

Op why not program in C, C++ and C# I ask you instead?

Also it wouldn't hurt to learn R or Python.
>>
>>53788043
He didn't just say what I think he did, did he?
>>
I rather use anything other than C++
>>
File: 1365451163218.jpg (51 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1365451163218.jpg
51 KB, 342x342
>>53788043
>2016
>still using Java
>>
C++ / Python

Cause I'm a dumb engineer and that's what I was taught.
>>
>>53788030
"C" is better and always will be. Get over it.
>>
Because it's way of implementing OOP is total shit. Also methods of a lot of C++11 data objects are quite weird.
>>
>>53788124
M A S T E R R A C E

Literally top-tier. Best of both worlds
>>
>>53788043
Doesn't java run slower after its been running for a while? It's faster initially but for really big programs isn't it inefficent?
>>
>>53788125
"C" is obsolete. Get over it.
>>
>>53788194
Says who?.
>>
>>53788186
Why would you want Java ... go with it if you're going to be another shitty mobile apps developer..

You do 0 services for humanity that way, and there doesn't matter how shitty your code is - there will always be a retarded to buy in-app stuff even for most retarded apps.

I mean people pay 5$ for games where you have to move a square trough a small door....
>>
>>53788088
Every time C++ adds something they do it in the most obtuse way possible; it being updated doesn't necessarily make it any better. It's the language equivalent of spaghetti code.
>>
A good programmer uses the language that's most suitable for the task that needs to be completed.
>>
>>53788125
Its better if you dont know how to c++,study more and join the performance master race
>>
>>53788030
Me, I use node for a growing amount of things. You can create desktop apps using electron, mobile apps using react-native and web apps using react. There isn't really a reason not to use node.

But you may go ahead and use your primitive caveman language all you want.
>>
>>53788260
How often do we need to point this out for this javashills
>>
>>53788030
C++ supports too many shit
it needs to deprecate all the old shit it supports, like the for loop and raw pointers for the new shit it introduced
>>
>>53788286
Its better if you dont know how to c++

Yeah I know. I write graphics software for a living in C and C++ is cancer.
>>
>>53788260
but C is most suited for every task.
>>
>>53788314
>for loop
you what africunt-americunt
>>
>>53788342
C-style for loop
>>
>>53788260
Agreed, which is why I don't like C++. Its main use cases are being rapidly displaced by Java or C# and C++ is nuking itself trying to stay relevant.
>>
>>53788356
>C++ is nuking itself trying to stay relevant.

C++ was always like this even when there was no competition.
>>
How can I use C++ for anything besides GUIs in Windows
I need to build some portfolio
>>
>>53788392
That is true, which makes it even worse. That way of doing things is not sustainable as a language. C++ is rapidly, unironically, becoming malbolge, whereas Java and the JVM are constantly improving. C++ is going to collapse on itself eventually.
>>
>>53788478
This is what Javashills actually believe.
>>
>>53788067
This. Python for everything quick and dirty and drafts, C++ for stuff where performance matters.
>>
>>53788607
I actually dislike Java, but it does better than C++ for 80-90% of its use cases.
>>
>>53788217
probably a street-shitter who thinks that everything must be OOP
>>
>In this thread college dropouts who couldn't pay for tuition argue about which programming language is best when they never CREATED any VALUABLE piece of code/software which can be sold for money
>Behind every command there is underlying assembly code and just about it is C code.
>Plebs
>>
>>53788643
It's the true master race.
>>
>>53788030
C++ JAVA MASTER RACE
>>
>>53788030

Python pretty good for top level shit and prototyping.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.