[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does this little Port take so much abuse? I mean I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: htc-one-5.jpg (69 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
htc-one-5.jpg
69 KB, 640x427
How does this little Port take so much abuse? I mean I've had the same mobile phone for nearly three years now which I plug into my micro port at least 3 times a day. And sometimes as if we all know it isn't always the most gentle.

Sometimes I feel as if I'm forcibly ripping it out of the port almost violently. How were these engineered to be so robust I guess is what I'm asking?
>>
^btw I just Googled micro USB port for an image the HTC phone has nothing to do with this thread
>>
Dude.. a port is just a metal box. It's one of the strongest materials on Earth
>>
micro usb is fragile garbage
>>
>>53786175
>Complained about shitposting
>Shit posts everywhere else
Golden
>>
>>53786363
wut
>>
>>53786145
usb-c really needs to hurry up and become more popular.
>>
>>53786145
And I'm over here being forced to use shitty qi charging because the port on my nexus 7 is giving out.
>>
I don't remember micro usb ever having problems but the port on my galaxy s6 has been complete dog shit since day 1
>>
>>53786145
Jetfuel can't melt steel ports.
>>
The spec requires that the cables are made of softer materials than the port

Cables are the point of failure as a result
>>
>>53786145
The micro-A was specifically designed for this kind of use and the parts that wear at all are mostly in the cable's plug, not the port.

You can still break them by bending them hard enough to snap the port off the circuit board, but most devices are packed tight enough you probably can't do this without bending the entire phone.
>>
>>53787337
>micro-A
Durr, probably meant micro-B. Anyways.
>>
>>53786381
You know what you did kid
>>
>>53786562
Its coming
>mfw I can plug in my phone when tripping and not have to fumble around
>>
>>53787272
Dank memes can
>>
>>53787612
Naw man
>>
>>53787672
But we seen'd it.
>>
>>53787748
kek w/e dude
>>
>>53787764
Whatever you do with a horse in your home is private. Why post that shit on the 4chins
>>
>>53786145
Get a better cable. The official Samsung ones are the easiest to insert and remove from my experience.
>>
My cables break all the fucking time
And I loose them a lot

I seem to never have a cable when I need it
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.