[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best smart phone for $500 or less?Considering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: bgr-best-smartphones-2013-1000.jpg (359 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
bgr-best-smartphones-2013-1000.jpg
359 KB, 1000x667
What's the best smart phone for $500 or less?Considering the 64gb iPhone SE too.

I am seriously considering the Nexus 6P.
>>
zenfone 2
>>
id probably go for the moto x pure, nexus 6p, or oneplus 2
>>
6p
>>
lg
>>
I got the Nexus and I'm extra happy with it.
>>
>>53779958
Galaxy S6
>>
6p probably now that you can get parts to fix them for dirt cheap

i had one, i fucking loved it, but hated the build, but now i realize it's not a problem because if you bend the back you can buy a new metal back for $12 bucks
>>
male 25 here
would be iphone SE rose gold too girly for me?
>>
>>53779958
SE it is. 6P got an alright front but such an ugly back. S7 Edge is nice but way above the budget.

>>53784243
Yes. If you're that much of attention whore, get the normal Gold version.
>>
>>53784265
what? no i just like the color because it look kinda bronze like
>>
>>53784243
Space Grey here. I respect Rose Gold more than chink/nigger tier BLING BLING Gold.
>>
>>53784284
Then just roll with it if you like it that much. Why would you let other people decide what is good for you?
>>
>>53784285
haha ;)
>>
Is the about 200 premium for 6s vs SE worth it for 3D touch and a bit better touch ID sensor?
>>
>>53784403
no, touch ID speed improvement is like 0,5s less.

Battery life is way better on SE, about 2~3 h more of navigation, think that it has a smaller screen and not 3D touch (which drain battery faster) and also have nearly the same battery 6s 1,715 mAH and SE about 1650 mAH.
>>
>>53784403

3d touch is a bit shit. the touch id sensor is much faster though.

i'd base it on what screen size you want.
>>
>>53784265
>such an ugly back
You look at the back of your phone the least, retard.
>>
>>53784929
>i'd base it on what screen size you want.
I had screens between 4'3 and 5', so it's really not a big factor for me. Spending 800€ on a phone seems bit excessive though, so I am leaning to SE, just worry whether I am missing out on 3D touch, specially if more apps will use it in the future.

How much slower is the touch ID? If it's a 0,5s difference like the other anon said, it seems pretty insignificant. Longer battery life is obviously nice, although both seem good enough to last through a workday or an intercontinental flight, so it's not an overly big factor either.
>>
File: 1459076675313.gif (2 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1459076675313.gif
2 MB, 260x260
6P 4 lyfe
>>
BlackBerry Classic
>>
>>53784929
One disadvantage of the new TouchID is that it doesn't work correctly if theres even a bit of moisture or dried up fingerprints already on the sensor. Meanwhile, the 1st gen TouchID on iPads and the 5S/6 works every single time.
>>
If you want a simple OS choose the iPhone SE. However if you like making your phone your own or if you like Android the Nexus 6P is a great option
>>
>>53785281
I've never had a personal Android phone. Been an iOS user since the 3GS. Now I wanna upgrade from the 4S and I really just like the 6P, it's a beautiful phone but the front could be improved.
>>
>>53785649
> and I really just like the 6P
It's Huawei and it has technical flaws: it bends, the camera glass shutters. Don't do it.
>>
Anything other than the Xperia Z5 Compact or the Note 4 is considered harmful
>>
I too am really considering the 6P as a semi-long term phone, probably gonna sell it after a year and get something else
>>
>>53787311
Enjoy no resale value.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.