[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
water on keyboard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 8.jpg (64 KB, 711x718) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
64 KB, 711x718
so basically I poured little water by accident on my laptop keyboard,and most of the keys still dont work.
is there any way to fix it?
>>
No.
>>
Only thing you can do after a liquid spill is disassemble the whole thing and let it dry for a week in the sun and hope it works when you reassemble and boot it again.
>>
>>53777260
caps lock worked,but the green light next to it didnt.
The light started working!
>>
>>53777309
a fuckin week? damn
>>
>>53777260
here's a helpful tutorial friend!
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+stop+sucking+dick
>>
>>53777354
as far as i've read the concensous is.

>spilled
>Immediately hold down power button to turn off asap
>drain or wipe away anything on the corners that didn't make it inside and can still be stopped from entering the insides.
>disassemble
>dry for a week in the sun.
>clean with 70%+ rubbing alcohol(to remove any residue that was left after the liquid dried out this includes tap water which has salts and minerals that can short electronics.
>reassemble and boot without battery

>reassemble
>>
>>53777491
it's a keyboard from toshiba c660
as far as i have looked you cant take it apart.
>>
>>53777555
its not just the keyboard you've to be worried about.

laptops and beverages in close proximity don't end well.
>>
>>53777555
Most laptop keyboards don't come apart beyond prying the keys off. If after it's dried out it still doesn't work, time to buy a new keyboard.
>>
>>53777555
oh and chicklet keyboards on consumer grade laptops are often just replaced not repaired owing to how cheap they are.
>>
>>53777555
laptop itself is fine. there was a really small amount of liquid.
>>
>>53777630
>>53777628
thanks for the help.ill see what I can do.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.