[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MPV Thread post your highest video quality .cfg's and rate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4
File: mpv[1].png (186 KB, 604x270) Image search: [Google]
mpv[1].png
186 KB, 604x270
MPV Thread

post your highest video quality .cfg's and rate each others
>>
MPC-HC > Meme Player /v/
>>
>>53773924
I use this. Someone told me it's a high quality setting for movies of any filesize.

vo=opengl-hq:interpolation:scale=ewa_lanczossharp:cscale=ewa_lanczossoft:prescale-luma=nnedi3:nnedi3-neurons=64:prescale-downscaling-threshold=1.5
video-sync=display-resample
>>
>>53773924
>go to bed grandpa
no one cares about your deprecated windows xp software
>>
hwdec=no
vo=opengl-hq
>>
Was wating for this thread to ask

Is there a way to set mpv to always run with my dedicated gpu?
I'm using bumblebee in my laptop and if a don't launch it with the optirun/primusrun command, it gets slow as fuck in fullscreen.
I set up an alias to mpv which works, but the problem is when another program launches mpv for me, like mpsyt.
Is there a setting in mpv to make it go to the dedicated video card?
Thinking about how bumblebee works, I don't think it's something I can fix in mpv, but can't hurt to ask.
>>
>>53775061
maybe you should join the official mpv irc for this question

https://mpv.io/community/
>>
>>53775155
thanks
>>
Wooa the development of mpv is super fast.
However I seriously hope the next gpu generation will have better opengl support because it's a cancer.
>>
>>53775217
If you find the awnser there can you post it? I have the same situation.
>>
>>53777053
vulkan written decoders when?
>>
>>53777136
sure, but gonna do that after I get home
gonna take a while still
>>
Anyone got MVTools/Vapoursynth working for interpolation on windows ?
>>
>>53777506
what actually does vaporsynth compared to other interpolation methods?
>>
File: dolphin.png (117 KB, 960x1360) Image search: [Google]
dolphin.png
117 KB, 960x1360
>>53777053
Nvidia already has good OpenGL support, it's just AMD that can't write drivers worth shit.
>>
>>53778279
This is why mpv should get a dx11/dx12 renderer.
Video playback on linux is just a joke and opengl on windows is ridiculous.
>>
>>53778973
>Video playback on linux is just a joke
What makes you say that?

Clearly works better than on Windows
>>
File: Subtitle.jpg (624 KB, 3376x1081) Image search: [Google]
Subtitle.jpg
624 KB, 3376x1081
More of a general question, but how come no player centers subtitles by default? Isn't that more eye-pleasing/logical than starting from the bottom?

Is the bottom achievable on MPV? If not, know of a player that can do it?
>>
>>53778973
Timing is way superior on GNU/Linux than on Windows
You can't even get refresh rate with any sort of precision on Windows, it all gets rounded, so 24/1001 is reported as 23, meanwhile you get 23.9912334(whatever your card is pushing) on GNU/Linux
Timing on Windows is ridiculous, mpv on *nix gets better timing despite the shit timing that OpenGL provides
>>
>>53779676
No player draws the subs in the margins by default, either. (To my knowledge)
>>
Is it possible to have a seekbar like on MPC-HC outside of the video instead as an overlay?
>>
>>53781239
Kind of odd. I think it's a reasonable feature, but I guess most people don't even bother changing the subtitles' font.

I submitted a ticket for this on github, so hopefully someone will pick it up.
>>
>>53780956
You can easily tweak "timing" on windows with custom resolutions.
On linux you have to tweak xorg file that makes your computer crashing all the time.
>>
>>53783256
It's time to stop posting, john.
>>
>>53783256
Yeah, but not to an exact timing, it's useless to have 24/1001 if it isn't 24/1001
>On linux you have to tweak xorg file that makes your computer crashing all the time.
Works on my machine, also you shouldn't need to add custom linemodes/refreshrates if you have a decent monitor
>>
File: creepypasta_static.jpg (563 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
creepypasta_static.jpg
563 KB, 1024x768
How do you add luma noise to the vo? I get a weird "wax museum" feeling from the way that debanding adds noise at targeted areas and not uniformly
>>
>>53783256
You're thinking of scan modes which have little to do with timing in the sense of mpv being concerned with it.

Also, this isn't 1970, you can just add custom resolutions using one of 50 gorrilion graphical xrandr frontends or from your driver control panel.
>>
>>53783395
Debanding includes a constant white noise component, try bumping it up using
deband-grain
maybe.

It will add to all channels though, not just luma. If you want it specifically to luma I would probably do that using a custom GLSL shader (see p re-sahders).
>>
Is it possible to have the mousewheel modify the volume instead of forwarding?
>>
>>53783477
MOUSE_BTN3 add volume 1
MOUSE_BTN4 add volume -1

Try something like this in input.conf
>>
So I just discovered today that my Intel HD3000 can run video-sync=display-resample without much problem, but only on a window (doesn't matter if its maximized or not) if I enter fullscreen it drops frames like crazy
I also looked at GPU-Z and the GPU utilization drops a lot when entering fullscreen, I guess for some ungodly reason the drivers simply throttle the shit out of mpv when entering fullscreen
I'm on Windows 7, already tried dwmflush=windowed/yes, can't use dxinterop since it apparently isn't supported, and ANGLE doesn't have icc-profile which I need
Is there a way to hide the taskbar and the menubar and run mpv in a window that spans the whole screen? It seems like the only way to run display-resample, I'm pretty sure it's a driver problem that will never be fixed by Intel
>>53783477
Yes, look at the archives
>>
>>53783535
Windows has this general stupidity about fullscreen vs windowed. Not sure why some things are so different between the two, but I bet crappy compositors are to blame.
>>
MPV is shit, MPDN rule the game.
But for linuxfag MPV is the only viable solution.

So winfags go install MPDN right now !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=171120
>>
>>53783418
oh yeah, I forgot about the deband/glsl

>>53783535
border=no
autofit=1920x1080

afaik you can hide your taskbar on all O/S
>>
>>53783517
Fantastic, that works perfectly, thanks.

Only problem now is fixing the volume slider in Linux not actually affecting the volume...
>>
>>53783558
Forgot one link : http://www.zachsaw.com/mpdn/
>>
>>53783558
1.43 rubles have been deposited into your mechanical turk account
>>
What would be your suggestions on using a config to upscale to 3440x1440?

In my own testing I have found that ewa_lanczossharp produces the best results quality and performance wise with this config
vo=opengl-hq:interpolation:tscale=triangle:correct-downscaling:sigmoid-upscaling:deband:scale=ewa_lanczossharp:dscale=ewa_lanczossharp:cscale=ewa_lanczossharp:icc-profile-auto

video-sync=display-resample
framedrop=vo
hwdec=auto
>>
>>53783558
The only cool thing is the "bilateral scaler", I had this idea like ten years ago and MPDN is not the first to implement it (by the way it's really no better than linear functions in practice)
>>
>>53783611
I would recommend sticking to the default dscale. Apart from that, looks good.

I personally prefer softer scaler for going up to 4K, helps mask out some of the bad aliasing from really low res crap but it's your choice.
>>
>>53783638
It's not the only cool thing.

I won't bother to list them all because it's simply listed on the both link I've posted.
>>
>>53783558
>So winfags go install MPDN right now !
Why do people shill proprietary software like this? What's in it for you? How does it feel to be cucked by MPDN devs?
>>
>>53773924
>Windows only
>>
>>53784273

Only Windows matters.
>>
>>53784328
Good joke, friend.
>>
>>53784328
>what is linux
>what is osx
>why would anyone use anything than Windows ?
>if I only use Windows, then it's the only OS that matter
>>
>>53784328
Clearly the developers of mpv disagree
>>
>>53783535
After tinkering for a while I found that enabling the Aero theme and dwmflush=yes fixed it
Pretty disgusting to go back to Aero, but I guess it will do
>>
>>53784913
>Pretty disgusting to go back to Aero, but I guess it will do
Could also switch to Linux and use your computer in the way you want to
>>
Guys, how do i speedup 23.976 file to 24 fps?
>>
>>53786451
--speed 1.001
:^)
>>
>>53786451
Try reading the "manual.pdf" that comes with the fucking software
>>
>>53786451
Isnt 23.9 24/dropframe?

"Fixing it" will probably fuck it up
>>
>>53786853
Can you repeat that in english
>>
>>53786451
--video-sync=display-resample
>>
>>53786878
23.9 is whats called dropframe

Something to do with tv broadcasts dont remember the details, google it

Dont convert to 24fps as it will literally look the same but "awkward" as it was probably shot, not edited in 23.9

Also can screw subs real quick
>>
>>53784913
So after watching some stuff I noticed it tears quite a bit, and it's definitively something to do with dwm, thanks wintel
Fortunately video-sync=audio judders as much as MPC-HC+madVR+Reclock, I guess this is the best I can get before migrating to GNU/Linux
>>
>>53786939
>Something to do with tv broadcasts dont remember the details, google it
Isn't it so that the video clock was not a clean divisor of the power clock?

>Dont convert to 24fps as it will literally look the same but "awkward" as it was probably shot, not edited in 23.9
You're thinking of 24/25 fps which is a much, much bigger difference

You're comparing a 4% speedup against a 0.1% speedup.

>Also can screw subs real quick
Not in mpv
>>
>>53787133
You need aero for vsync in windowed mode.

That's one actually good thing MS is doing with Windows 10 and wddm2, they're working on allowing for an exclusive full screen mode that cam be alt tabbed properly.
>>
>>53787244
>exclusive full screen
completely pointless

just like exclusive audio

it's just a placebo tool
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.