[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wow I didnt know they stopped making laptops, they honestly had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: r924899_9640499.jpg (19 KB, 1280x725) Image search: [Google]
r924899_9640499.jpg
19 KB, 1280x725
Wow I didnt know they stopped making laptops, they honestly had really good laptops. I guess toshiba is the go to now?

Also I just really like sony, what about you guys?
>>
Buy VAIO. The top-line Z model is made in Azumino, Japan. Also consider Panasonic Let's Note or Fujitsu.
>>
>>53764142
so vaio always exsisted outside of sony?

Never knew that
>>
>>53764335
No, VAIO was Sony's laptop PC division and was spun off because it became unprofitable. It's now owned mostly by Japanese private investors, but Sony itself still holds a small stake in the company.
>>
>>53763620
I never really liked their phones and computers, they felt very un-sonyish and cheap.
Love their audio gear though, such as walkmans, radios and their headphones.
Playstation is a weird division for hardware, they release the highest quality things first like PSP, PS2, etc and the facelifts (slims) stuff like that are fucking cheap feeling garbage.
>>
>>53763620
they were botnet
>t. rms
>>
>>53765750
they're to drive costs down retard
consoles and all hardware are susceptible to price changes when its not a vastly desireable product in public eyes anymore and return value is still there
>>
File: B9QYCE2IQAA0WK5.jpg (9 KB, 499x280) Image search: [Google]
B9QYCE2IQAA0WK5.jpg
9 KB, 499x280
Sony VAIOs were the Apple of Windows laptops, so they were probably making zero profits there.
>>
>>53765935
>they're to drive costs down retard
And look where it brought them, Sony is no longer the brand people associate with quality anymore.
>>
>>53765983
sony was only sold as a brand in separate stores outside the us, you couldn't find sony stuff in mass electronic shops
nobody is going to go to specialized sony stores when they can get 99% of the same quality and 90% of the features from a different brand in any supermarket
thats what fucked them up, they thought they could get away with something stupid like that since theyre a "luxury" brand. Well guess what. normies didnt bite
>>
>>53766112
Normies are pretty stupid though, they go with the flow every time. Plasmas didnt have a good start even though the pros outweighed the cons even in the early days and they died because of normie stupidity
>>
>>53766112
No this dude is right. Normie's have a point at which they know when they are getting a bad deal and have become very brand aware thanks to the internet, ie. they have started using consumer advice sites which tell them what the good brands are.
>>
>>53763620
>Also I just really like sony, what about you guys?
You're an unpaid cuck shill
>>
>>53766112
>sony was only sold as a brand in separate stores outside the us
What? Sony stuff is everywhere here in Germany.
>>
>>53763620
My Sony was an overheating piece of shit. Would keep it if the gpu switch worked in Linux but nah man fuck vaio
>>
>>53766276
*now and *today
>>
>>53763620
Fuck Sony and their DRM and all the bullshit locking down on the PS platform. Audio gear is overrated as well. Will never buy a Sony product again
>>
>>53766264
>good brands and brand aware
t.nvidiot
>>
>>53766390
They didn't do it in the past here either.
>>
>>53763620
vaio is a brand now.
toshitba is shit.
fujitsu is better.
>>
>>53766112
>they could get away with something stupid like that since theyre a "luxury" brand.
This, their shit was good but certainly not worth the premium tag. Even their TV division is being eaten by Samsung, 90% of their quality at only above half the price.
>>
>>53766454
>samsung
>the shittiest crummiest brand even with its own problems like capacitor plague etc. became number 1 because of stupid normies
>>
>>53766466
Killed off Panasonic and superior plasma TVs by flooding the market with cheap lcds. Will never buy from those garlic eaters on principle alone.
>>
>>53766264
That's why apple products are so popular :')
>>
>>53766264
define normie
>>
>>53766152
i thought plasma was better than lcd tho?
>>
File: 1410863769849.jpg (236 KB, 1800x1428) Image search: [Google]
1410863769849.jpg
236 KB, 1800x1428
>>
File: 20140904_170437_Android.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20140904_170437_Android.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>53767984
got a story about pic related
>laptop got knocked off a table
>cracked up the side of the screen and ruined the touchscreen
>none of the laptop repair places near me want to touch it or quote exorbitant prices because of lack of parts availability/experience with Vaios
feels bad man
>>
>>53768076
You should had bought an Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display instead.
>>
>>53768219

don't know if you're trolling, but yeah he would have replacement parts available.
>>
>>53768076
I have a VAIO Pro 11, I wonder if someone's still selling those wireless modem adapters and external batteries

Some sellers that I've contacted removed their listings because they forgot to remove out of stock items.
>>
I'm on a Vaio right now, all I can say is don't ever buy Vaio.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.