[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
water and technology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: water tech.jpg (846 KB, 809x1250) Image search: [Google]
water tech.jpg
846 KB, 809x1250
Why don't they like each other? Does everything get fucked up or do just certain parts of whatever you got wet get fucked up?
>>
Surprise, almost everything that can be effected by electro-magnetism doesn't like H20.

Design with a nice coating or go home.
>>
Cool thread.
>>
Big companies like microsoft are planning to have database centers under water and they already had some small trial runs
>>
>>53762291
water is actually a good insulator. It's all of the impurities in it that cause the problems
>>
File: 1459087067243.jpg (61 KB, 480x479) Image search: [Google]
1459087067243.jpg
61 KB, 480x479
>tfw your keyboard is waterproof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SWi6LlFGjk
>>
>>53762107
I'll take my tech wherever she's going
>>
>>53762315
This desu sempai.

H2O does nothing to electronics by itself.
If you had 100% pure distilled water and submersed your desktop in it, there's a good chance nothing would happen.

But tap water, pond water, ocean water contains salt, dissolved copper or, if you live in Flint, lead, some water is flurodated.

That's the shit, the shit IN the water, that wrecks your shit.
>>
>>53762337
fluoridated*
>>
>>53762337
What if your electronic is turned off? Could the water still damage it if its off the whole time its wet?
>>
>>53762107
Because technology is made from the fire element as seen in AMD processors. Water and fire don't get along.
>>
File: cry.png (597 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cry.png
597 KB, 1280x720
>>53762315
>be me
>2067 in the year of the shiggy xd
>want to hookup distilled water brewing treatment plant to cool my i999 intel gigacore fire 5000
>the treatment plant requires nonfree firmware
>tfw the botnet wants me to fry
>>
File: galaxy-s7-waterproof.png (913 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
galaxy-s7-waterproof.png
913 KB, 1280x720
this thread is retarded
>>
>>53762358
you could wash a motherboard when off and it'll work perfectly fine when you turn it on as long as it's dried off properly
>>
>>53762388
Why only 30 minutes?
>>
>>53762358
Yes it would be damaged because eletricity doesn't run in destiled water so all static wouldn't dissipate, fulling everything with extra voltage
>>
>>53762358
Generally no. The damage is caused principally by short-circuiting, which can destroy sensitive components. This is why permanent damage can sometimes be prevented by immediately ceasing power supply (removing the battery, unplugging) and allowing the device to dry completely over several days.
>>
>>53762404
I want to say like the seal wears off or something and the water goes in, but I'm not an expert on waterproofing things

>>53762407
nice meme
>>
>>53762318
so this is why /g/ shills these things so much

i'm slightly impressed
>>
>>53762404

to limit their liability when it breaks in 5 minutes they can say that you probably left in there for an hour
>>
>>53762529
not exclusive to chinkpads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mI4PyLQG68
>>
>distilled water
>not using Milli Q water
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.