[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apple no longer using Molex parts in new designs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: file43730.jpg (39 KB, 500x191) Image search: [Google]
file43730.jpg
39 KB, 500x191
Apple has removed Molex from its pool of preferred suppliers and shifted new business to Hirose.

Apple is Molex's largest single customer.

Molex was acquired by Koch Industries two years ago. Koch Industries is controlled by Charles and David Koch, brothers who have donated hundreds of millions to conservative political causes.
>>
The fuck does Molex even make that Apple uses?
>>
>>53756852
You know all the weird custom interconnects between circuit boards in iPhone, MacBook, Mac Pro, etc?

Those are all made by Molex.
>>
File: 1433716581317.png (41 KB, 213x201) Image search: [Google]
1433716581317.png
41 KB, 213x201
I don't understand why misinformed people always demonize the Kochs, as far as conservatives go they're some of the most tame people, Cato is one of the biggest supporters of immigration for example.

And they're not even the biggest fundraisers for political causes, plenty of left-wing Democrats like Soros and Tom Steyer spend much, much more on much more questionable causes (including funding people smugglers in Greece-Turkey right now, or femen in Ukraine & Russia)
>>
>>53756873
>are
You mean were
>>
BASED APPLE
>>
>>53756804
>Apple is Molex's largest single customer.
It is very bad business practice to de dependent on just one customer.
A large company I worked for made sure that its suppliers were not dependent on just them for their existance.
The compamy also made sure that they were never hostage to just one supplier for parts, compnents etc. Second-source was the name of the game.
>>
>>53756804

a lot of people are going to lose their jobs I have a feeling
>>
>>53756958
Because everyone left is a sweet innocent angel who can do no harm, and everyone right is pure evil looking to crush the world for profit and power.
>>
>>53756804
nice source you got there
where'd you get it, your ass?
>>
>>53756804
Good they can't make a 4 pin connector that doesn't suck. let em go.
>>
I'd Rather conservatives take moneu from the koch bros, then they be like the "progressives" taking money from that Hungarian Soros. At least the Koch bros are American.
>>
Now I can buy a Macbook in peace
>>
>>53756804
>Molex'
>japan devalue yen so apple move to jap company for cheapness
>>
>>53756804
>conservative political causes
>bad
sHiGgYdIgGyDoO
>>
>>53756804
>Koch Industries is controlled by Charles and David Koch, brothers who have donated hundreds of millions to conservative political causes.

you are the reason firefox turned to shit.Kick him out he does not support gays!!
>>
>>53756804
>who have donated hundreds of millions to conservative political causes.
good
>>
>>53758705
Yeah bro. Bernie 2016 feel the Bern lmao. All conservatives are evil racists!!!
>>
>>53756804
>Koch Industries

Look 'em up on Wikipedia. They were against the PATRIOT ACT. Thumbs up!
>>
>>53759844
They spent $100M+ to try to defeat Trump.

They might say they were against the Patriot Act, but they had no problem giving millions to candidates who would have beefed up Patriot Act even more like Jeb and Rubio.
>>
Molex can suffer the consequences of allowing monopsony. The market doesn't forgive stupidity unless you're "too big to fail"
>>
>>53757045
It's a bad business practice to terminate relationships with companies for being financed by people you disagree with.
>>
>>53757212
Believe it or not, that 4 pin connector that's on DVD drives was invented in the early 60s. I have a console stereo that uses that same connector to run power to the phonograph.
>>
>>53761833

kek, apple can do whatever they please, this won't hinder them in any way.
>>
How about Apple and all these tech companies manufacture in the US, soon enough with a new republican we will have some tax/regulatory changes allowing it.

I can already see the massive positive effects. Sure Samsung and Sony will still be made in China but the US will soon see a new array of job market and technology edge you see in Asia usually because of their manufacturing home game.
>>
>>53762527
Haha right I can just see the lines forming for those $1/hour skilled jobs. All we need is a tax break!
>>
How will these snake fucks avoid taxes when Bernie becomes president?
>>
>>53762527
Isn't that's what Trump is going to do?
Make them go back into America and create a whole bunch of job for lower class people?
>>
>>53756804
k
>>
>>53756958
>>53757073
>>53758746
>muh Soros
The Kochs are bad because their activism is about stealing money from the rest of us, not paying shrewish women to run around topless in public.
>>53762616
He'll deport the illegals, but it won't have any economic benefits for citizens because they work for far less than minimum wage without benefits and don't use any welfare services.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.